Tempted to buy ZX6R on craigslist...need rational advise!!!

Bkizz

I have been eye-balling this thing for about a week and my temptation is getting stronger by the day. I have not seen the bike in person but plan to check it out regardless of whether or not I decide to sell the 650. I love my bike but I have been craving the power, handling, and sound of the I4 lately. My concern is that I will miss the torque of the 650 twin. I was also wondering if I would mind commuting on the ZX6R. I have low SM sport bars on my bike and don't mind the lean angle at all...but I don't know what the 636 would be like. I need some opinions...should I go with my urge or stick with what I have?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1212215164.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a buddy with an 07 zx6r that he had monster graphic s kit put on, a leo vince slip on (800 bucks) (yeah for a slip on...) pilot powers with no kidding 90 - 95 % tread, solo cowl. with avg. to low miles (not sure on exact amount), fender elim. he wants around 6 for it. ill get all the info and pics if ur interested

Pretty sure the 636 makes more torque than your parallel 650. Also' date=' the 6R is has aggressive ergos.

My advice.. pay off the 650R, keep it and buy a supersport then. That way you have two and don't have to kick yourself for getting rid of the 'smarter' bike.[/quote']

The 650 is paid off so I don't have to worry about that...but I don't have the space in my 1 car garage for 2 bikes and a car. Not to mention a bike payment would suck balls. I checked insurance on the 636 and it's not too bad. I just don't know if it is the "smart" choice or not.

The 650 is paid off so I don't have to worry about that...but I don't have the space in my 1 car garage for 2 bikes and a car. Not to mention a bike payment would suck balls. I checked insurance on the 636 and it's not too bad. I just don't know if it is the "smart" choice or not.

Park the car in the driveway, you can never have too many bikes.

ive got a buddy with an 07 zx6r that he had monster graphic s kit put on, a leo vince slip on (800 bucks) (yeah for a slip on...) pilot powers with no kidding 90 - 95 % tread, solo cowl. with avg. to low miles (not sure on exact amount), fender elim. he wants around 6 for it. ill get all the info and pics if ur interested

READ ME haah

He must not be interested . . . sheesh, spammers these days

Haha, I wouldn't mind checking it out but I really like the older 2005-2006 style better. Shoot me some pics though!!

Buy it, sell the 650.

If you regret it I will eat a pizza. That's right, a whole pizza.

^^^^ now how can you pass up that deal????? LOL!!!! He said the whole pizza....we're talking about an extra large pizza right?

IDK on this one...so i'll remain silent on it..... :-)

Buy it.. I agree. Sell the 650.. I disagree. Eat a pizza.. fantastic idea!! I'm fucking starving' date=' yo!! :cool:[/quote']

Yeah I was thinking about saying something farfetched like eating my gloves, but then I decided a pizza would taste better. One of my rare moments of genius.

the 636's are wonderful bikes. my 06 has 14k on the ticker and not one problem. the only thing i dont like about that bike is the hot bodies exhaust gets pretty hot and will start melting plastics. and the comfort issue, i rode mine to kentucky to the jim beam distillary and back in one day 738 miles. take all that how you want, i love mine.

Well I checked out the bike a couple hours ago and it's not in the best shape. It has spent plenty of days sitting outside...rain or shine and that sucks. The chain was rusty, tires were shot, and there were many scratches here and there...one where someone actually keyed it. The owner was a really cool guy but didn't seem to know much about bikes. That annoys the hell out of me and it usually means they didn't really care about the bike and didn't take care of it...or they are bullshitting which is even worse.

So, I got to ride it and didn't like it. At least not enough to have as my only bike. I mean I KNOW it is a race replica but holy shit...I don't get why everyone actually thinks they are great daily riders. It is a TRACK bike no matter how you look at it. The ergos and power delivery are as far from "street" friendly as they come. It is the slowest turd around town and then when you finally have enough room to crank the throttle and let it wind up, it goes from slow turd to turd in my pants faster than you can blink. I will take my low and midrange power over crazy top end any day of the week...especially in a bike I use on the street and in the twisties.

At this point I don't see an I4 600 in my future. I'm kinda bummed out too...I mean I built it up to be better than it was. I still want to get on a 675 tripple! 4DAIVI PAI2K5, how's the power delivery on that thing? More linear?