Tempted to buy ZX6R on craigslist...need rational advise!!!

Bkizz

So, I got to ride it and didn't like it. At least not enough to have as my only bike. I mean I KNOW it is a race replica but holy shit...I don't get why everyone actually thinks they are great daily riders. It is a TRACK bike no matter how you look at it. The ergos and power delivery are as far from "street" friendly as they come. It is the slowest turd around town and then when you finally have enough room to crank the throttle and let it wind up, it goes from slow turd to turd in my pants faster than you can blink. I will take my low and midrange power over crazy top end any day of the week...especially in a bike I use on the street and in the twisties.

i dont know what you rode but you did not describe the same bike that i own and drive daily. im just assuming that you are used to the 650. i know way to many people that ride "race replica" bikes as daily drivers and enjoy it :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know what you rode but you did not describe the same bike that i own and drive daily. im just assuming that you are used to the 650. i know way to many people that ride "race replica" bikes as daily drivers and enjoy it :lol:

I agree, I think I am just biased because I am used to riding a twin and they are a night and day difference compared to the I4. Don't get me wrong, the 636 is still a bad ass bike but I wouldn't make it my only bike.

Isaac's Papa, you told me and I didn't listen...haha. Your right, the SV650 is basically the same thing I have. Buuuuuuuut, maybe I just need a 1000.:D

I checked insurance on the 636 and it's not too bad. I just don't know if it is the "smart" choice or not.

I would do it! Love the 636s!!!

But as far as insurance goes I would check state farm for sure! They charge by the CC not the type of bike..

-Danny

^ haha, I love it when that happens. Day late and a dollar short my friend.

Well if it's not for you that's cool, but don't be bashing on my I4's!

...jk! It's funny, when I used to ride other bikes and I owned the V4 I thought I would never like a "conventional" I4. Now that I've had it for a little bit (wanted a lighter bike) there is much more personality than I thought there was. True, the V4 sounded like a 70's F1 car, but I hate to say it . . . the I4 is the most advanced and refined motor in the motorcycling world. That's what competition does.

That was an odd rant, too bad that thing wasn't in better shape. Oh and that Monster Kawi is BEAutiful! If he wants an R6 I'll trade him!

Well if it's not for you that's cool, but don't be bashing on my I4's!

I'm not bashing I4's at all...they are retardedly fast and handle great. They just don't seem like they would be that fun under 60mph. I'm almost certain my opinions would change if spent more time on one though...

i spoke him yesterday said somewhere around 8k miles, never dropped, tracked, or sat on by a fat chick.

HAHAHAHA, fat chicks will ruin a nice bike fast! That's a sick bike but I'm not feeling the kawi-green. Almost every vehicle I have ever owned was/is black and I plan to stick with it.

Thinking back on my short ride on the ZX6R, I don't think I spent enough time on it to make a good decision. I was stuck in a somewhat residential area and when I was pulling out of the dude's apartment complex, there were state troopers sitting in the parking lot. That bike also had no muffler...just the hot bodies tip so they could probably hear me the entire time. I did get on it though for a short time...but I still don't feel my test ride was good enough.

I'm also used shifting the 650 around 4-5rpm. I think the 636 needed a little more revs before shifting...but again it was so fucking loud and I knew I would have to pull back into the complex and pass the piggies.

PS: Thanks for offering to let me take the 675 for a spin! I hope you wern't fucking with me because I plan to take you up on the offer. :)

Edited by Bkizz