New Rider/Member from Delaware

TwistedFocus

Hello all,

My name is Jason. I ride a recently acquired 2004 Buell XB12R. It's my first bike so I have just been riding a little here and there getting some practice in. I'm currently taking the Motorcycle Ohio Basic Riders course here in Delaware, mainly for more experience and instruction but also to obtain my endorsement (obviously).

Here's a pic and a crappy idle video of the bike. The bike already had the Buell "Race Kit", which is essentially a muffler, ECU and K&N. I have since added Fork sliders, rear axle sliders and "frame pucks" which are basically the Buell version of frame sliders.

BuellSmall.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwy2PJMRRBQ

HEY.. are you taking tonight's class?

I am and so is my husband.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!! (I'm new and in Marysville.)

I was in last night's class at the Career Center South Campus. I was going to take the wife, but she hasn't picked up her temps yet. I wasn't really expecting to get a walk-in spot but, to my surprise, I got in.

On that note, if anyone has a line on an uber-cheap ($800ish or less) starter bike I may be interested. Preferably a cruiser type. Sorta rough is okay as long as it's safe to ride or just needs minor maintenance.

I was in last night's class at the Career Center South Campus. I was going to take the wife, but she hasn't picked up her temps yet. I wasn't really expecting to get a walk-in spot but, to my surprise, I got in.

On that note, if anyone has a line on an uber-cheap ($800ish or less) starter bike I may be interested. Preferably a cruiser type. Sorta rough is okay as long as it's safe to ride or just needs minor maintenance.

Yeah, you totally lucked out on a walk-in. We registered back in February and the soonest we could get in was tonight. :)

I believe we're at the Delaware Area Career Center North. It goes through Sunday for us. (6-10p tonight, 8am-2pm tomorrow, 8am-2pm Sunday)

I only got my temp about a week and a half ago.

I still haven't rode my new toy yet. My neighbor who has rode for a while recommended I crash up those 250s they have at the course first instead of using my 750 right out of the gate.

Any good place to watch the tail end of the game (Stanley Cup Final Game) tonight in Delaware? We were thinking B-dubs but open to suggestions. We won't be outta the class till 10, so I don't know how much we'll get to see.

As for the bike.. sorry. I don't know any right now. We just sold our 82 Suzuki with only 13k miles (I think it was 13-- maybe 17) for $1k. The original owner wants it back. Nice bike! He hasn't paid for it just yet though.. sooooooo...it's technically still up for sale in my opinion.;)

Again-- welcome to the group! I'm pretty close to Delaware off of Watkins Rd/42 sort of area.

Any good place to watch the tail end of the game (Stanley Cup Final Game) tonight in Delaware? We were thinking B-dubs but open to suggestions. We won't be outta the class till 10, so I don't know how much we'll get to see.

B-Dubs is probably a safe bet. There are some other decent hangouts around, but probably not quite as close to your path to the Career Center.

welcome...good buy, i had a friend who was going to buy that exact bike off craigslist. i think you beat him to it...lol

I actually wasn't really shopping for a bike until I saw it and couldn't pass it up. The guy selling it lives literally 6 or 7 houses down from mine. I had planned to start with something more basic someday and then eventually work up to one of these... but after I sat on it I had to have it.

B-Dubs is probably a safe bet. There are some other decent hangouts around, but probably not quite as close to your path to the Career Center.

Went to B-Dubs last night and watched the Wings lose. Doh!

I thought we had signed up for morning classes on Sat and Sun. Apparently we're evening! 1:30-almost 8pm.. GEESH!

The main instructor in our class is a wee bit of a jerk.