Rubber.

Lost1888

Alright I am going to be in the need of a new 160/60/17 tire. Right now I have on a Road Attack. It has been a good grippy tire but hasn't lasted as long as some have claimed on their bikes. I might have 5K or a little less I have seen some say 7-10K. Whatever not the issue.

I would like to get something that would last in the 7-10K range. Thinking Roadsmart, 2Ct (Doubtful), another RA, Diablo Corsa. If anyone has an honest opinion let it be known. If not whatever. I have done much research and am pretty set on these tires but will look into others. Please don't waste my time with Tomahawks and the like. It's not going to happen.

Due to where I live I use the center to get to the twisties and ride the sides pretty hard. Not like some but enough to have my chicken strips below the directional arrows on my RA's.

Vendors feel free to chime in if you come across this thread. If not someone let me know who to talk to and I will. If they are southern I will have to ride the bike down and take the rim off. I'm not going to bring the rim down in the car. If I go south it is not going to be in a car.

Thanks for the help!

Mike

alot of tires have decent tread life , and those include tomahawks , you say dont waste your time , but they are logging over 10 k in alot of the user reviews . hopefully people will drop the 1970's bad stigma on retreads someday.

Retreads=fail.

My tire of choice is the Pirelli diablo strada. I got 9K out of my last set. I've got close to 3K on my current set and still have lots of life left.

I've heard really good things about the Michelin PR2 and the Dunlop roadsmarts too though.

alot of tires have decent tread life , and those include tomahawks , you say dont waste your time , but they are logging over 10 k in alot of the user reviews . hopefully people will drop the 1970's bad stigma on retreads someday.

Like I said it's not going to happen. No matter who says what or why they say it.

Retreads=fail.

My tire of choice is the Pirelli diablo strada. I got 9K out of my last set. I've got close to 3K on my current set and still have lots of life left.

I've heard really good things about the Michelin PR2 and the Dunlop roadsmarts too though.

I have heard very little about them. But what I have heard is good. I really would like to give a multi-compound tire a shot. I will look into the Strada's some more though. For $30 less a tire is might be worth looking at.

my dunlops are smoked after 3500 miles

Which Dunlop?

I am going to buy a set Road Smarts off a guy on SVrider for $150. They have 2K and one track day on them. I figure it is a good way to check them out and see if I like them enough to spend $160+ for just a rear tire.

ive got metzeler m3s on my f3, and i havent gotten hardly 3000 miles out of the rear. They were on the bike when I got it so i dont know how many were on them previously, but what is the typical mileage out of these?

A friend of mine had the M3's on his Sv 1K and he only got 5K out of them and the PP's. It all depend on your riding though. If you use more of your tire it will most likely last longer. Most daily have the center wear out way before the sides. But it all depends on your riding style, type of bike, wieght, inflation maybe soe other stuff.

Sorry for the derail... I'm looking for a rear tire to last a bit before a track day and the new rubber then. 180/55/17's or so. Not choosey, it's just a stop-gap until the budget and time allow. Cheers! rfm

Metzler roadtec z6. I have went thru maybe 3-4 sets of these. On my triple I was getting 7-9k on my bandit 1200 I was getting 6-8k. They stick well for road use and are the best rain tires I have tried to date.

+1 ran these before and they wear much better than the current road attacks I got on. Never had any slipping issues but I don't ride that hard, excellent in the rain. Seemed to me like they liked to "fall into" a turn so the first time you lean her in will probably be way different then your used to on the conti's. I prefer they way the Conti's lean but if your a more aggressive rider the metz's may be for you!