For anyone looking for a full-time job.

smashweights

Just throwing this out there for anyone who might need a paycheck:

I work at the Gahanna branch of Scotts Lawnservice and we just had 2 employees leave this week so we're looking to hire 2 new ppl in the next 2 weeks or so. If anyone is interested in details, send me a PM and i'll let you know.

Not looking for a job, but I used to to do lawn care like this when I first moved to Columbus about 10 years ago, so just letting you know what I know about it.

Fairly easy work, pretty much just fertilizing with a spreader and spraying weeds. It was fairly fun, and if you are a good salesman, you can make pretty decent money with supplemental sales(aeration, grub treatments, stuff of that sort) if they still do a commission like I remember. Most people buy this stuff anyway.

So if anyone is looking for a job, you can do way worse this this. You get to be outside, get some exercise, and if it's the same as was when I did it, it's usually a few younger guys that like to party after work. :)

Not looking for a job, but I used to to do lawn care like this when I first moved to Columbus about 10 years ago, so just letting you know what I know about it.

Fairly easy work, pretty much just fertilizing with a spreader and spraying weeds. It was fairly fun, and if you are a good salesman, you can make pretty decent money with supplemental sales(aeration, grub treatments, stuff of that sort) if they still do a commission like I remember. Most people buy this stuff anyway.

So if anyone is looking for a job, you can do way worse this this. You get to be outside, get some exercise, and if it's the same as was when I did it, it's usually a few younger guys that like to party after work. :)

that's a fairly accurate description, although the fun has subsided a lot mostly due to the economy going down. since the workday for techs is revenue-based, the price cuts on lawn treatments are meaning longer workdays/work weeks. and they do still do commission stuff, my manager seems pretty eager to hire anyone i suggest, i just keep having friends who get other jobs first.

part of the drug test is a nicotine screening. i dunno how long it's in your system, but i know one of our guys walks around the warehouse with a pack of cigs in his shirt pocket and another guy we recently hired has tub of chew in his truck so it doesnt seem hard to get around, just figure out how long to "quit" before you take the test.

Interesting. never heard of nicotine testing.

could just be a hoax, just know they drug test and supposedly test for nicotine too in the screening. quick google turned up 72 hours to clear nicotine from the system for those that care.