A question for the ladies on OR

Mr Anderson

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of girl is she? what does she like? are you looking for dinner?

Don't go to a movie unless she really wants to see a movie... or unless you're putting the middle school moves on her (trying to hold her hand and what not)

Quaker Steak and Lube at Polaris on a Wednesday night :D If she has a good time, she's a keeper. If she whines, it's an easy way to tell that it's not meant to be and you still get to have a nice evening of wandering around looking at a bunch of sweet bikes. Win-win.

*edit* Oh...you said Saturday. :nono:

Quaker Steak and Lube at Polaris on a Wednesday night :D If she has a good time, she's a keeper. If she whines, it's an easy way to tell that it's not meant to be and you still get to have a nice evening of wandering around looking at a bunch of sweet bikes. Win-win.

*edit* Oh...you said Saturday. :nono:

I thought about that but she is busy this Wednesday. Its a great idea too. Maybe if it goes on another date and she loves motorcycles.

I met her through a friend and I have talked to her a couple of times. I would say I like her and she is really cool. Not a poser or anything like that. She is true to herself and smart. I don't want to end up in the friend zone with her.

what kind of girl is she? what does she like? are you looking for dinner?

Don't go to a movie unless she really wants to see a movie... or unless you're putting the middle school moves on her (trying to hold her hand and what not)

I am not going to the movie thing. You cant talk during the movie.

you should ask her where she wants to go, and during dinner let the focus of the conversation be about her likes and dislikes, but answer honestly any qusetions she might have about you.... sure to get you a second date...

OK NEWS FLASH TO BOYS: Girls put you in the friend zone if they are not interested. It has very little to do with what you are doing.

Sorry for the news, but they probably just weren't wanting to be in a relationship with you for whatever reason.

Plan a picnic (would suggest Goodale Park, but ComFest may serve as quite the distraction). It shows that you are a dedicated planner. This will also give you an opportunity to get to know one another in an easy-going, no-pressure environment. Too often, 1st dates in restaurants are mad-awkward and uncomfortable, as the two of you are just sitting "interview style" across from each other at a table.

After the picnic, try go-karting at Magic Mtn., Mini-Golfing, or some other fun activity which will keep the two of you engaged (as cheesy as it sounds, it could be fun).

Date 1 should be more about establishing who you are, and less about the "friend zone". If all goes well, you'll still be able to "tap that" in due time.:D

you should ask her where she wants to go, and during dinner let the focus of the conversation be about her likes and dislikes, but answer honestly any qusetions she might have about you.... sure to get you a second date...

I like this. Easton gets pretty busy on Sat. Is Brio any good?

I would say a nice dinner at a restaraunt like Chili's or Olive Garden and then a movie, except ask her what SHE wants to see. I would have the basics planned out, so that she doesn't feel like she is planning the date, and then ask her what she likes specifically. Don't suggest anything, because then she may feel obligated to say yes to a certain movie or restaraunt. In fact, I would just ask her - which restaraunt do you like better - Chilli's, Olive Garden or blah blah? Which movie have you been dying to see - blah blah or blah blah? Give her some choices, but make it look like you are puting effort into planning. Or you can plan dinner and some putt putt golf. I always like that. And when it comes down to the details - show up with flowers, open doors for her and just be sweet :) If you bring the candy, she will eat it right up :p

Plan a picnic (would suggest Goodale Park, but ComFest may serve as quite the distraction). It shows that you are a dedicated planner. This will also give you an opportunity to get to know one another in an easy-going, no-pressure environment. Too often, 1st dates in restaurants are mad-awkward and uncomfortable, as the two of you are just sitting "interview style" across from each other at a table.

After the picnic, try go-karting at Magic Mtn., Mini-Golfing, or some other fun activity which will keep the two of you engaged (as cheesy as it sounds, it could be fun).

Date 1 should be more about establishing who you are, and less about the "friend zone". If all goes well, you'll still be able to "tap that" in due time.:D

Well played good sir!

I hear the Barcelona restuarant near downtown is a good place. If it's the first date though Easton Funny bone doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.