Relocation Help

ninjachk08

OK, you Columbus people. This is just a feeler. I want to get everyone's opinions. I want to see what parts of cbus are good to live in. Ben, i know you have north,south,east and west all categorized but i forget which one is the best.lol. Also, idk if anyone would know, where are good,clean nursing homes around. And also, hospitals. Thanks.

My personal view of Columbus:

North Side - Drug dealers

East Side - You'll get shot

South Side - You'll get your car stolen

West Side - You'll get hit by an uninsured Mexican

Central - You're gay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central - You're gay

So it sounds like a toss-up...If you like drugs go north..like guns go east...like cars go south..and should you like dirty mexicans the west is the way...Probably stay away from the central though you got sleep with one eye open then.

Central - You're gay

Gee, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :popcorn:

This ought to be amusing...

Edited by Strictly Street

Idk, need a change. I like OR people.lol.

You want to move to columbus because you like people from OR??? Really?

Central - You're gay

Pretty much dead on.

You dont want to live inside of 270 unless you plan to shoot back.

And Yota, Morse rd is North end. Gimme some drugs.

awesome! i will def. take you up on that greg! i did get an apartment book while i was there last week, and have gone through it page for page!(it's thick!) so i'll have some more questions for everyone when i get to it.

• 1 month later...

*UPDATE*

ok doods, i need your help. went out looking today.

found 3 over on the east side. 2 in Reynoldsburg and 1 in Canal Winchester. I know some people said, certain parts of Reynoldsburg is bad, but it's ok towards Pickerington. The part the 2 in reynoldsburg is in, is between brice and 256. is that an OK area?? the one in canal Winchester is also between gender and 256.

for the West side, I found one in galloway. Is that a good area? Should i hold it against them, if the model they showed me at a dirty toilet?? :lol:

the other one on this side, is.. well, it's just in columbus. lol its off of Norton.. close to Georgesville Rd. how's that area?

and which area is convient to everything.. and close to downtown?

*UPDATE*

ok doods, i need your help. went out looking today.

found 3 over on the east side. 2 in Reynoldsburg and 1 in Canal Winchester. I know some people said, certain parts of Reynoldsburg is bad, but it's ok towards Pickerington. The part the 2 in reynoldsburg is in, is between brice and 256. is that an OK area?? the one in canal Winchester is also between gender and 256.

for the West side, I found one in galloway. Is that a good area? Should i hold it against them, if the model they showed me at a dirty toilet?? :lol:

the other one on this side, is.. well, it's just in columbus. lol its off of Norton.. close to Georgesville Rd. how's that area?

and which area is convient to everything.. and close to downtown?

ok well Brice rd, is getting pretty ghetto, my ex's mom lived in some apts off Tussing. Her APT and car got broken into. The one between Gender and 256 may not be too bad. Depending which one your looking at. I had a college friend that lived in Lehman Village and he liked it at the time. Last time I was out there it was getting to be about average. As for the one around Norton/Georgesville roads.....unless you like the ghetto bird, and and fearing for your life steer clear. I lived at an apt in that area while in college and the chopper flew the area most of the night.

Honestly, Pickerington, is nice but the taxes suck. Polaris is very nice just have to deal with traffic. I don't know a whole lot about Dublin/Granville areas. I was a field tech for Insight (local cable company) for a few years. I know most of the apts on the E, NE, and SE of Columbus. I have been in almost all of them. Personally I loved living in Gahanna, it wasn't overly expensive, I didn't need a gun, on choppers over head, the cops can be pricks, but other than the cops I loved it there. I lived in Cameron Chase apts right off morse rd on the border of New Albany. Parts of Westerville aren't bad. If you like being closer to the country Pataskala is nice. I've been out here for 3 years now and haven't had any issues. Also stay away from Columbus Police jurisdictions they take a really long time to respond unless someone is dead. If you have any questions about specific places let me know. If the apts are newer and I haven't been to them I can ask some of the guys I work with how they are. Good luck in your search.

well everywhere you looked isn't that bad. the norton rd area is getting very heavily populated with mexicans. if you don't mind living around them then its ok. pickerington is a good area. and neither is the area that you looked at in cana.

ok well Brice rd, is getting pretty ghetto, my ex's mom lived in some apts off Tussing. Her APT and car got broken into. The one between Gender and 256 may not be too bad. Depending which one your looking at. I had a college friend that lived in Lehman Village and he liked it at the time. Last time I was out there it was getting to be about average. As for the one around Norton/Georgesville roads.....unless you like the ghetto bird, and and fearing for your life steer clear. I lived at an apt in that area while in college and the chopper flew the area most of the night.

Honestly, Pickerington, is nice but the taxes suck. Polaris is very nice just have to deal with traffic. I don't know a whole lot about Dublin/Granville areas. I was a field tech for Insight (local cable company) for a few years. I know most of the apts on the E, NE, and SE of Columbus. I have been in almost all of them. Personally I loved living in Gahanna, it wasn't overly expensive, I didn't need a gun, on choppers over head, the cops can be pricks, but other than the cops I loved it there. I lived in Cameron Chase apts right off morse rd on the border of New Albany. Parts of Westerville aren't bad. If you like being closer to the country Pataskala is nice. I've been out here for 3 years now and haven't had any issues. Also stay away from Columbus Police jurisdictions they take a really long time to respond unless someone is dead. If you have any questions about specific places let me know. If the apts are newer and I haven't been to them I can ask some of the guys I work with how they are. Good luck in your search.

thanks for the advice..

you mean you lived in cameron creek? that's all i can find online.

Danielle....take Kevin up on his offer if he's serious! Stay away from Reynoldsburg. I've lived in one of the subdivisions off taylor road for 9 years now. The police force SUCKS big time and well you don't need to worry about the schools but they are starting to dwindle as well.

I've lived in Reynoldsburg (on and off) for a few years, and have never had any major trouble. The apartment prices aren't too ridiculous, and there are several fairly nice complexes around here (a couple of crappy ones, too, but anyone from this end of town could point them out for you). The part of Reynoldsburg I live in (Alexander court, just south of Broad) is actually Columbus PD, and I've never had any real problems with them. The one time I called them (creepy car was watching my neighbor's house, and I had to leave for class), they showed up pretty promptly.

There's only been one car broken into that I know of in the last year, and that guy left his GPS lit up on the dash every night for months before someone grabbed it. I spend tons of time working in my garage with the door up, all my music gear, bikes, electronics and such are visible, and I've never had anyone try to mess with it.

Really, though, just drive around the city and pick a spot where all the cars you see parked cost more than yours, and you'll be fine.

Incidentally, yeah, Brice road can be crappy ('smashed car window crappy' not 'gunned down in the street crappy'), and most of the taxes Pickerington people are unhappy about won't affect you directly. Lots of big expensive houses out that way.

Edited by Aerik

I've lived in Reynoldsburg (on and off) for a few years, and have never had any major trouble. The apartment prices aren't too ridiculous, and there are several fairly nice complexes around here (a couple of crappy ones, too, but anyone from this end of town could point them out for you). The part of Reynoldsburg I live in (Alexander court, just south of Broad) is actually Columbus PD, and I've never had any real problems with them. The one time I called them (creepy car was watching my neighbor's house, and I had to leave for class), they showed up pretty promptly.

There's only been one car broken into that I know of in the last year, and that guy left his GPS lit up on the dash every night for months before someone grabbed it. I spend tons of time working in my garage with the door up, all my music gear, bikes, electronics and such are visible, and I've never had anyone try to mess with it.

Really, though, just drive around the city and pick a spot where all the cars you see parked cost more than yours, and you'll be fine.

Incidentally, yeah, Brice road can be crappy ('smashed car window crappy' not 'gunned down in the street crappy'), and most of the taxes Pickerington people are unhappy about won't affect you directly. Lots of big expensive houses out that way.

hey I lived in alexander court b/f I bought my house. 157 hither creek. hehe. Ya I NEVER had any problems with the police force back then BUT reynoldsburg police are the worst police force I have ever dealt with. I cannot wait til the housing market gets better so I can build somewhere else! :p