Relocation Help

ninjachk08

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, you Columbus people. This is just a feeler. I want to get everyone's opinions. I want to see what parts of cbus are good to live in. Ben, i know you have north,south,east and west all categorized but i forget which one is the best.lol. Also, idk if anyone would know, where are good,clean nursing homes around. And also, hospitals. Thanks.

Polaris is the best part of town that I have lived in by far. Just my opinion.

hey I lived in alexander court b/f I bought my house. 157 hither creek. hehe.

Yep, 361 Hither Creek here. Not a bad place. Of course, my standard by judging a place is a) a bigass garage and b) a flat wall at least 11 feet wide for my TV.

I'm pretty easy to keep happy. But, I do know most of my neighbors (or, at least, they ALL know me-- I'm 'that crazy bald dude with all the guns'). And like I said, it's CPD here, maybe it wasn't when you lived here.

BAH come live in canal winchester with the hillbillies... it's quiet and still close enough to c-bus to have fun... hell there are 2 apt complexes right by me that are really nice w pools and garages and such... and you get to hang with me, vrod dave, max power, sjc1000, justin0469, cypress, ben n care bear, and a bunch others that all live out east....

are we talking dirty toilet with turd floating or just brown dirty water?? :lol:

lol like something floating in the water! lol

ninjachk why in the hell are you thinking about leaving this beautiful city of miamisburg, named to ohio's top towns in 2008 or whatever that sign says on heinke!? It just doesn't get any better than the dirty burg... :lol:

lol oh gee.. cuz the dyt is on top ten list of dying cities!

Yep, 361 Hither Creek here. Not a bad place. Of course, my standard by judging a place is a) a bigass garage and b) a flat wall at least 11 feet wide for my TV.

I'm pretty easy to keep happy. But, I do know most of my neighbors (or, at least, they ALL know me-- I'm 'that crazy bald dude with all the guns'). And like I said, it's CPD here, maybe it wasn't when you lived here.

Big garage? :confused: I only had a one car garage. It was 1300 sq feet inside tho! That was nice b/c I'm a pack rat! I did LOVE the pool area tho. That is what I miss about my home now but enough of my friends have pools I guess. Danielle this actually is a nice place to live but the rent is a bit pricey. I'm not sure what the one bedrooms go for but my apt was $890 ten years ago. Aerik do you know what they are going for now a days? It was cbus police when I was there. I have never had issues with cbus cops. Mainly gahanna and reynoldsburg. Heck even pataskala police are better than reynoldsburg. I used to live over by tussing 13 years back and had my car broken into right in front of my home. I left my garage door open for 30 minutes...ran in the house for something...came back out and my brothers speakers (15 inch fosgate punches...think thats what they were) were gone! They were hidden way back too. People in that area have some major balls! :p

Lol, I lived on Gemstar (just off tussing) about 5 years ago-- I once accidentally left my explorer unlocked, with about $1300 worth of woofers, component mids n tweeters, etc, and everything stayed put. Either I'm just lucky or I terrify my neighbors.

I'm in a three-bedroom, so the two-car garage is big enough for my pool table, cocktail tables, gutted piano stereo rack and (currently) two bikes, with room to spare. You must have had one of the two-bedroom places, those garages are a bit smaller (my mom actually had one for a while right after her divorce-- now she lives down off of Taylor near you, PrincessPratt).

As far as the flats here, a buddy of mine works maintenance, and he says the 1-bedrooms are between $515 and $540. They have several 2-bedroom models for a bit more, and the garages are (I think) like 40-50 bucks added to the rent.

If you move here, though, you gotta give 'em my name so I get a little off rent for the month. Referral bonuses are win!

Incidentally, I'll second the issues with Gahanna PD. I get along fine with real city cops, but some of the outlying towns have problems. But I have a knack for getting pulled over while sitting at stop signs.

Edited by Aerik

BAH come live in canal winchester with the hillbillies... it's quiet and still close enough to c-bus to have fun... hell there are 2 apt complexes right by me that are really nice w pools and garages and such... and you get to hang with me, vrod dave, max power, sjc1000, justin0469, cypress, ben n care bear, and a bunch others that all live out east....

All I'm gonna say is stay off Gender and Brice/Tussing area. Its ALL ghetto now.

The area over by Moose and Dave isnt bad, but if you want cheap and nice, come into town and rent from a mom and pop. Drive around CW or old Pickerington and you can find old houses sectioned into apts that are nice and the area cant be beat....for now.

Danielle you also have to think about what hospital/extended care facility you want to work at. You don't want to be like me and live in reynoldsburg/pataskala area and drive 40 minutes to and from work every day. I work at Riverside hospital. I love my job but the drive is freakin crazy! When I built my home I was working at Mt Carmel East. It was a 10 minute drive to work if I got there by 0700. Now I don't go into work until 0800 or 0815 and Broad street is insanely busy. Just something to think about.

FYI...the doc I'm working with this week is the medical director at the laurels and whetstone. If you're interested in either one of those nursing homes I can have him ask around to see if they are hiring. I believe he also works at St. Angelines but not sure if he's medical director there or not.

If you move here, though, you gotta give 'em my name so I get a little off rent for the month. Referral bonuses are win!.

I'd be happy to help ya out! lol, only if you help me move haha

FYI...the doc I'm working with this week is the medical director at the laurels and whetstone. If you're interested in either one of those nursing homes I can have him ask around to see if they are hiring. I believe he also works at St. Angelines but not sure if he's medical director there or not.

I'm guessing your hospital is on the other side? I was asking every place how far from downtown, just in case.

yes, definately interested!

Clintonville and Grandview areas. Everything is close, easy access to 70, 71, 315, 670, 270. Owned a house in Clintonville for 9 years without incident, and now in Grandview with better bars close to me. Win.

:plus1: And your not far from OR bike night

I'm guessing your hospital is on the other side? I was asking every place how far from downtown, just in case.

yes, definately interested!

Ya Riverside is a few miles north of downtown off 315. You know where all the construction is. :eek: You can apply online with Ohiohealth. Make sure you state that you want the riverside campus if that is the case. There is also grant hospital downtown but your clients are going to be completely different than at riverside. The big hospital systems you can always apply to online. There's mount carmel (mt carmel east, mt carmel west, st. anns). Then OSU/James Cancer Hospital/Ross Heart hospital/OSU East. There is the VA hospitals that you can apply to online as well.

My mom works in PAT and Same Day at MC East, and a good friend of mine is an RN at West. They both complain that the new(ish) CEO is making a teddy bear's picnic out of things, and it's not the most pleasant place to work lately. They've also been having layoffs here and there.