anyone from up here meeting to ride down to Ohio Riders meet on July 12th?

krzwhtman

No problem' date=' are you gonna do it or take it to a shop?[/quote']

probably take it to a shop its due for a good looking over anyways and a friend of mine owns his own place so he will look it over for free charge me his cost for the parts and cheap labor, or if its easy enough he will tell me to "get your damn bike out of my shop and do it yourself"...he has a way with words.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The springs would explain the clutch, but what about the throttle issue? If i go past 3/4 throttle it just red lines my RPM's but has very little acceleration.

Dirty air filter? Or something cutting down on the air or fuel flow, at high rate of flow.

That sounds like the clutch giving out and just slipping. Hence the clutch springs or the whole clutch pack.

Well, the test for that is like... 40-45 mph in top gear, hit the gas. If the engine revs without getting going, yes, clutch springs/plates are goners.

On that bike if you cut down on the air flow wouldn't it bog instead revving higher?? It takes gas, ignition, and air for a motor to turn. If you take one away it should stop or sputter until the problem is corrected right???

Wont know till you open her up and pull it out. I would say just springs, but might as well order all and have the parts just incase the plates and disks are bad. I replaced mine for $140 so its not that bad.

Yeah, it probably would bog down, if it was too much fuel.

And yes, it sounds like new clutch discs needed. Unless your clutch pull is way out of adjustment. Springs get changed also, when it's open. Clutch plates are probably ok, check for thickness and flatness.

I said plate before, it's "clutch friction discs" and multiple "pressure plates".

Wont know till you open her up and pull it out. I would say just springs' date=' but might as well order all and have the parts just incase the plates and disks are bad. I replaced mine for $140 so its not that bad.[/quote']

You have a Vulcan, so maybe just springs then. It does take a lot to damage friction discs. I'd replace them when it's open though. That's me.

edit: wait, I said what? Ok, your Shadow is similar. There, that's better. I need sleep...

930am. There is a Circle K on 224 East right off of 77. We can meet there and take 224 to 21 to 93. That should put us in Cbus around 1230.

Is this the correct address, just confused as 277 or 77 whatever you meant..and 9.30 confirmed.

550 W Waterloo Rd, Akron, OH‎