July 20th - Monday - Mid Ohio Track Day

Zorro

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice pics from her. I hate u passing me on the straight. Time to get a faster bike for the straight-a-way

More power for the straight isn't the key. Honestly, there are WAAAAAAY too many guys riding liter bikes that really need to step down and learn smaller before they do bigger bikes.

With a bit more practice and learning certain things, 600s can embarrass a good number of liter bike riders. The two straights at Mid-Ohio are sometimes tough when following a liter bike, but overall, within the session, you can easily be half a track in front at the end. It's ability more than power...

RL600rr1.jpg

RL600rr2.jpg

Sorry it was a passing move! :(

I'm pretty decent at the exit of the turn usually that's where I feel comfortable passing without putting others at risk. but as soon as I get on the straight-a-away people will just pass me like I'm holding brakes. My bike is so low. I even changed the gearing -1 +2. Great acceleration but no top end. Plus the bike is 03.

More power for the straight isn't the key. Honestly, there are WAAAAAAY too many guys riding liter bikes that really need to step down and learn smaller before they do bigger bikes.

With a bit more practice and learning certain things, 600s can embarrass a good number of liter bike riders. The two straights at Mid-Ohio are sometimes tough when following a liter bike, but overall, within the session, you can easily be half a track in front at the end. It's ability more than power...

You are very correct!!!! Through the turns my pace is pretty decent. I am more concentrated on lines and turns than straight. Pretty happy with the overall performance. I guess I'm just bitching for no reason. Lol. 80% rider 20% bike right?!