Frame straightening Yes or No

Xfader

I just found out that the frame on my 93 CBR600 is bent. I have talked to a couple of people who suggested that if the frame is not too far out of spec, then it is a good idea. Others said that it is not worth it and I should just replace the frame completely.

What do you think? I really don't want to spend a ton of money to get this bike repaired, so the straightening works for me. I have conducted some research and found positive results, but I am still wondering.

Please help and share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Xfader

One of the sponsors (35 Motorsports) does this type of repair if I am not mistaken. A member here took his bike to him if IRC and said it was well worth the trip. I guess it's a matter of how much it would cost to fix versus the value of the bike that would determine if you should fix it or buy a new one.

How much do you have into this bike?

It's probably time to cut your losses... sell it, and get something new(er) - F3, F4i?

I don't have a ton of money in this bike so I can afford to put a little into it. This bike has more of a sentimental value to me, so I can afford to put some love into it.

Plus the wife will not let me get a new yet! She is giving me a hard time for laying it down.

Then I guess you need to decide if the sentimental value is worth it.

I'm worth the majority so far that says it's probably a bad value, but if it means that much to you, then I suppose you're prepared to dump any amount of money into it.

if it's not too terribly expensive, get it straightened out... if not, this is why they make hammers and shit. har har

I love the way you think... I did just get a new tool kit for my birthday. LOL!

I want to thank you all for your input. I always heard that you guys were good, but this is unbelievable. You guys (and gals) are great. I am glad to be a part of the group.

Wish me luck and I will let you know how it turns out.

Peace Out

I'll throw out a me too on getting it straightened. I have also heard that it will better better than new if they know what they're doing. I'll see if I can find out the place that my friend (that has a Harley shop) was talking about that does this sort of thing.

I did find a company up near Cleveland that can do it. I am going to make a call next week.

The company is MPHOhio

http://mphohio.com/megamax.htm

MPH has the best system around - bar none. The owner is a former AMA Superbike Racer and Horizon Award winner, and knows his stuff when it comes to chassis geometry.

Insurance typically will pay for the measurement too.

Insurance typically will pay for the measurement too.

Uhm, I wouldn't bank on that, for MOST items you need to have an associated accident for insurance coverage (exception is glass claims)... additionally, if there is no repair or the repair is less than your deductible you'll be responsible for the amount.

MPH is up by me! Let me know when you're going if you want to take it for a shakedown ride after.

I've heard good things about these guys (FYI they are RIGHT across the street from State 8, definitely worth stopping next door to take a look at what they got for sale).... they wanted a bit too much for dyno, reject, and kit but you pay for what you get :)

Anyway, let me know if you want to go for a small ride up here after you get it fixed

Edited by Likwid

Uhm, I wouldn't bank on that, for MOST items you need to have an associated accident for insurance coverage (exception is glass claims)... additionally, if there is no repair or the repair is less than your deductible you'll be responsible for the amount.

No shit.

Read the original post - dude said he laid it down. THAT could be an insurance claim.