Men's Journal: Get Real.

NightRider

Ok....so my dad likes to buy a bunch of health, and men magazines. Usually, he doesn't even read them....and just passes them on to me. I like reading them, most of the mags have interesting articles....or something to teach me. I like learning things, and always open to new stuff.

Bored, i start looking through an April 2009 issue of Men's Journal. They ran an article called the fundamentals for work, relax and play. Here are a few of the items they listed. Look at these prices! Wtf could afford this shit?

WORK:

John Varvatos pinstripe suit. 1,795$. johnvarvatos.com

Banana Republic money clip. 190$. bananarepublic.com

Tse Men Trench (coat/jacket) 795$.

Louis Vuitton silk tie. 250$. louisvuitton.com

Salvatore Ferragamo calfskin shoes. 595$

Paul Stuart cashmere socks. 119$. paulstuart.com

Bally Silino leather briefcase. 1,350$. bally.com

Links of London silver cufflinks. 195$. linksoflondon.com

RELAX:

Ralph Lauren weekend bag. 1,095$. ralphlauren.com

Gucci sunglasses 325$. solsticestores.com

Prada Corduroys. 295$. Wtf wear corduroys anymore??

Rolex Oyster perpetual explorer II. (watch) 5,295$. rolex.com

Polo by Ralph Lauren cashmere hoodie. 425$. For a hoodie!? Ok....

Coach Harrison leather jacket. 898$. coach.com

So...again i ask wtf can afford this shit? Not the normal, everyday working guy. Just a little rediculous. Anyone with me?

I find Men's Journal to be a joke, and to be catered towards the rich folk.

i don't think they really meant you should go out and buy those exact things. it's fashion advice for guys who don't have women to tell them not to wear their favorite flannel shirt and jean shorts to the annual performance review.

and obviously, if the lifestyle they portray in that section doesn't match your life, then don't follow the advice. you'll look like a classic douche showing up with a $2500 suit to your construction job.

i don't think they really meant you should go out and buy those exact things. it's fashion advice for guys who don't have women to tell them not to wear their favorite flannel shirt and jean shorts to the annual performance review.

and obviously, if the lifestyle they portray in that section doesn't match your life, then don't follow the advice. you'll look like a classic douche showing up with a $2500 suit to your construction job.

:plus1:

Haha. I know this man. I was just astonished at some of the prices. 425$ for a hoodie though? Who's gonna pay that much? 5900$ for a watch? 898$ for a jacket?

:wtf:

Haha. I know this man. I was just astonished at some of the prices. 425$ for a hoodie though? Who's gonna pay that much? 5900$ for a watch? 898$ for a jacket?

:wtf:

I would wear that stuff if I was the CEO of Chase or owned a big corporation. That is the only reason to look nice for your business partners but I don't like dressing that way soooooooo I would never buy any of that.

that rolex they list in there is like bottom basement shit that only rats would wear... lol

no really, that is almost the cheapest men's rolex you can get.

Your telling me you would spend 5900$ on a watch? Thats a fucking bike!

I don't wear them. I would never buy a watch that exspensive. Maybe if I made a million a year after taxes. Even then I would go buy a fake 15 dollar watch.

Only in very small circles would anyone even know what you were wearing. I get Stereo Review and think the same thing - "This is for people with tons of disposable income. People with obscene amounts of money. Musbe nice.