Opinions wanted, 2010 Mustang

Tony07R6

What do you guys think of the new 2010 Mustang GT Convertible? I went and took one for a test drive last night for a couple hours. While I did like it, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that a Ford Mustang is worth the sticker price of $41,465. Right now I have an 08 Avalanche LTZ w/ 2800 miles (I obviously don't drive it much) that I was thinking about trading in. Part of me wants to do it because I like new toys and it was really fun to drive, but the other part of me, (I'm getting older, so the more sensible part), says WTF are you thinking, in 6 months the novelty will wear off and you'll be back at square one, stuck with a $41k car that doesn't hold its value well. So, should I get a new toy or hold on to my truck????

This is the car I drove last night, same color, same options:

11_2010_mustang_live_la.jpg

07_2010_mustang_live_la.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sale locally in Columbus. Much better car with better parts and damn near unbreakable, besides I like the interior better.

2003 Cobra convertible, silver, only 9K miles, CCW Classics polished.

The reason for the sale is that I need a winter car and I never drive the Cobra. We don't want to add another car so I figured I might as well get a fun car that can be driven year round.

The specifics:

2.3 Whipple

accufab single blade t/b

4lb. Metco lower

4 piece billetflow idler set

60 lb. injectors

GT 40 dual fuel pumps

LT 12"cai

centerforce dual friction clutch

centerforce throwout bearings

fidonza aluminum flywheel

liberty 26 spline input shaft

MAC longtubes

Mac stainless steel prochamber with magnaflow stainless steel cats welded Borla catback with 4" tips with CORSA db red mufflers welded in

Maximum Motorsports full length subframes welded in

MM (front/rear)

MM c/c plates

2000 cobra r rear shocks

MM clutch height adjustor

LDC freeplay mod

IRS bushings kit etc.

(Bruce's kit + MM items)

Ford Racing Hurst shifter

billetflow IRS brace

anodized hood vents

pprv delete and fuel line upgrade

LDC cooling mod

HID hi/low & fogs

Baer eradispeed rotors (front, rear)

Steeda ss brake lines

Hawk pads (front/rear)

CCW classic wheels 18x9.5/18x11

BFG kdw/2 front tires 275 30-18

Mickey thompson dr's 315 30-18

lightbar

steeda irs subframe bracket

MRT hood strutsMAF.ia

autometer instrument bezel with a/f and boost gauges

dynojet wbc

raptor shift light

fiore quick click firewall adjustor

UPR quadrant

Maximum motorsports strut tower brace

hood light

bunch of MGW interior goodies

shorty antenna

window tint 5% and 50% windshield

tinted taillight overlays (3m)

black COBRA bumper letters

SCT x-cal 2 dyno tuned at Evolution Performance by Jon Lund.

Car put down 551/576 on a very conservative tune on a Mustang dyno. This was also done before the LT's went on.

000_2209.jpg

000_2212.jpg

000_2216.jpg

Cobrapics.jpg

Asking $27,900 or reasonable offer.

I h8 mustangs....true story...

buy a 'vette

Vettes are great for an old guy with a small penis. True story.

I've been looking at the 05-07 Mustangs. I hope to get one soon. Granatelli makes a turbo kit for it that will support 800HP.

I love Mustangs and miss my 00 GT like a mofo, and I think the 05 and later body is cool as cool can be. But even then, 41K seems a bit much.

The new Camaros are pretty sweet.......might be an option for you?

BTW, the Cobra is sweet, but not sure I would pay that much for it either, even with the low miles, considering there is what I consider a better body style to choose from.

its not a bad looking car but 41K!! I guess ford is trying to turn a profit this year with the sale of that car alone.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I like what they did with the front end this year and the interior is the nicest I've seen in a mustang so far. BUT your right about the price, I think they're crazy (no wonder sales are down). My decision would be a whole lot easier if they priced it about $10k less on the sticker and had a couple thousand in rebates available.

For sale locally in Columbus. Much better car with better parts and damn near unbreakable, besides I like the interior better.

That is a pretty nice Cobra, not crazy about the color though. I had an 03 GT convert. a couple years ago. I like the styling of the 03-04, but I love the interior of the new 2010.

Vettes are great for an old guy with a small penis. True story.

I've been looking at the 05-07 Mustangs. I hope to get one soon. Granatelli makes a turbo kit for it that will support 800HP.

Stay away from GMS at all costs ( even though their tubular K members are UPR)

I love Mustangs and miss my 00 GT like a mofo, and I think the 05 and later body is cool as cool can be. But even then, 41K seems a bit much.

The new Camaros are pretty sweet.......might be an option for you?

BTW, the Cobra is sweet, but not sure I would pay that much for it either, even with the low miles, considering there is what I consider a better body style to choose from.

As much I would like to say I agree I cant, the 03/04s still pull high numbers because there arent many and a limited run of them. I like the newer S197 bodies the interiors arent what I would expect. Too much plastic and weird lines, altough I do like the higher shifter position. The only thing the Terminators really have as a draw back was their sweade seats that wore fast on the drivers side out edge.

Now I LOVE Vettes I dont like the vertibles, in fact I hate all converts and I own one. The C5 was, in my mind, THE best Vette ever for looks and performance overall. But what I dont like is the interiors, they look and feel like a 6 speed cavalier with leather seats. Now the newer ones are a bit better but not by far and the rear bumper moves all around and I ahve even seen some flap in the wind. Now granted the C6 is a very potent machine to make horsepower with little cash as well as the C5 ( I would kill for a Strom Trooper white FRC).

Ignore me will you? Well I'm going to make that a little more difficult :D

BMW 135i- Starts at $35,850 and will hold much better than a 'Stang. 300hp and a helluva lot lighter.

yawn...great if you're an accountant with no bike...

hell my last 2 luxury cars made 300 hp...

as I've stated cars aren't built for performance..they flat out suck for what they cost. Cars are for comfort, style, and occasionally power, not corner carving.

Ignore me will you? Well I'm going to make that a little more difficult :D

BMW 135i- Starts at $35,850 and will hold much better than a 'Stang. 300hp and a helluva lot lighter.

Damn thats a big picture.. Yes the 135i is a sexy looking car, but it seems like it might be a bit on the small side. I do like the 335i, though it is a bit more expensive. But there's just something about the rumble of an american V8 exhaust that I love and a BMW just isn't going to do that for me. Maybe I should just throw a new exhaust system on my Avalanche and be happy with what I have.

My AVY:

08Avalanche.jpg

Edited by Tony07R6
added picture

as I've stated cars aren't built for performance..they flat out suck for what they cost.

Couldn't agree more, but this happens to be a thread about cars?

Cars are for comfort, style, and occasionally power, not corner carving.

Wow, wrong. 4 tires on the ground, they're better than bikes at going around corners even if less exhilarating. You might not go out looking for corners but when you encounter one do you want to go around it or have to slow down lest you fly off the road?

I am opinionated because I really miss AutoX

Stay away from GMS at all costs ( even though their tubular K members are UPR)

Really? Why? I've used a lot of Granatelli parts before without problem. Never a turbo kit though. I've used the mass airs, kmembers, control arms, etc.

41k holy crap.

I'm still torn about being mustang less.

The local dealer has a basic GT in all black, only option is the 3.73 gears.

29K before employee discount........

I'm really not interested in having a loaded model, just want a V8 and the exhaust again.

I'm thinking about just picking it up and taking the money im saving from buying a gt and whore it out without the guilt of changing a GT500.

Besides I have the mazda for my daily.

1 series BMWs are retarded. true story. For the price a 335i would be the better choice. The problem is the 1 is way to close in every category to the 3 series and doesn't merit it's hefty price tag.

And they absolutely do not hold their value, mabye a bit better than the Mustang but probably only margionally. A guy down the street has been trying to sell a white one for about 9 months now.

From what I've read, the new Mustang is actually a very well balanced car. The front end feel is supposed to be stellar and on par with BMW which is supposed to have the best steering feel on the market. Only problem I would have is the solid rear axle, but that is also supposed to be well tuned and makes for a very well balanced chassis.

That being said, Mustang convertables conjure up pictures of blond girls, not grown men, and $41k!?

And they absolutely do not hold their value, mabye a bit better than the Mustang but probably only margionally. A guy down the street has been trying to sell a white one for about 9 months now.

The one on Dodridge? (sp?) lol I have driven past that thing a gajillion times but I still stare at it.

Huh, I didn't know all these people on import bikes would be domestic car people. Go figure :dunno:

the c5 vette is pretty amazing but I am mustang owner. I say get a older mustang like an 05 - 07 gt. They have more part for them and the mustang is one of the best for upgrading. I bought a 40th mustang gt and it has a lot of parts for it. If your into body kits saleen is a good choice. I dont like the newer mustang backend. All im saying is you can buy an older stang and put lots of parts on it or maybe just an echaust. You will save money and still have a muscle car. Also the cobra is a great choice and has a lot more bhp then newer gt.