Car in wrong lane street racing hits biker head on.

NinjaNick

This is why I don't commute on my bike. I don't take it to the store. I don't ride it to the mall. I don't commute on my bike... especially at night. I know that many do and that is their business. I think it is dangerous and extreme caution should be used if one decides to do so.

I'm with ya. I only use my bike for recreational use. Night riding creeps me out most of the time too. I probably did it 2x in the past year.

HID's fix the night riding problem;)

Them coming up from behind is the bigger problem, plus more chance of drunk drivers running over you. Either way, riding with traffic sucks. I would rather be all alone on a country road then cruise with traffic.

Them coming up from behind is the bigger problem, plus more chance of drunk drivers running over you. Either way, riding with traffic sucks. I would rather be all alone on a country road then cruise with traffic.

I would probably have a different opinion if I had traffic to deal with. Night riding around here, deer is the biggest concern.

wow i watched the video and can tell you with all honesty if i was the bud on the other bike beside him my blood and adreniline would both be boiling over and it be a full on drag the guy outa that car cage match stlye beat down of epic proportions there would need to be 2 coroners there ! end of rant im calm now

I guess I'm ok with the risk... I ride everywhere and for everything

+1 Motorcycles are my primary form of transportation and I resist getting in a cage as much as possible. You gotta die from something, sometime and I guess I gave up on worrying about when and where. I wear gear and watch the cagers like rabid dingos in a daycare, but that is just reasonable caution in my book. I have thought I was going to die more times than I can count or care to relate, and I admit that I have had my confidence shaken enough to question certain philosophies I hold regarding life and death and perhaps even how motorcycles might be related to the latter. It is exactly that gut wrenching, breath stealing, mortal terror which keeps me lurching forward in life with a glint in my eye and a sneer upon my lip. Life, without risk and consequense, is a rather boring game to play.

Road racers, drunks and idiots on cell phones will no more restrict what I want to do in life than anyone or anything else. I have a problem with the concept of spending my life being afraid to live it, or with restricting it because of other's designs or lack thereof. If I may be so lame and geeky to quote science fiction, "Fear is the mind killer." Or perhaps you prefer political quotations, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."

Oh, and condolences for the poor bastard on the bike, I hope the driver of the racing car gets raped in the asshole by a very large, very AIDs infected man in prison. :nono: