Notary Needed Asap

NightRider

So...i thought i had a notary lined up for me. Turns out they just went on vacation, and won't be back for a week. I need to get this thing in my name, so i can get plates for the bike. Does anyone know of a notary in the Lancaster/Columbus area? And who will take care of it, without the previous owner being there?

Thanks

Dubguy's got it. Any bank always has a notary on hand (it's free). When a title is signed over to you, the notary is for the person selling, not the buyer. It's proof that the guy really wanted to turn the title over to you. Otherwise you could just steal a title and sign it. Do whatever you gotta do to make it right. That bike's worth it.

It makes no difference if the previous owner was your father.. the notary HAS TO WITNESS the seller signing the title. If it is already signed you will have to wait until the owner comes home and go to a notary public with him/her. The title is technically still in his/her name since it wasn't signed in the presence of a notary public. Sucks.. but it is the situation. I know how it works.. I'm a notary.

No...i didn't mean the previous owner. I meant the notary. Obviously...you know it's not the most "moral" or "law abiding" thing to do...but if you know the notary...he/she should be able to take care of it for you. It worked for me last time with the previous owner signing the title. Because i knew the notary. Said notary is now on vacation. :(