Can anyone tell me why my insurance is too high

Mr Anderson

I have been driving for a little over 5 years now. No accidents or speeding tickets. Its over 4000 a year and I am a good driver. Why do I have to pay higher insurance because of other people? I get it a have sports car and sports bike but come on. My step dad pay 100 bucks a year for his motorcycle insurance and I pay $1500.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is :beathorse: but you are getting raped...

I'm 24 with a sportbike and paying $350 a year for full...

My car is a little more than double...

I looked at 600s and the insurance for me was 2500 a year for full

I have been driving for a little over 5 years now. No accidents or speeding tickets. Its over 4000 a year and I am a good driver. Why do I have to pay higher insurance because of other people? I get it a have sports car and sports bike but come on. My step dad pay 100 bucks a year for his motorcycle insurance and I pay $1500.

Because you touch yourself at night?

Seriously though, age has a lot to do with it. On your 25th birthday you can look forward to seeing your insurance rates fall like a rock. The fact that you're 21 and have a 'Stang and a sportbike that probably has a high claim rate (think drops and fairings) isn't helping you.

If you think you're getting hosed, start playing the field and getting quotes. Don't be surprised if you end up with more of the same.

you need to shop around. State Farm has been cheap for me but it took 3 State Farm Agents to get a quote below 300 a year for full coverage with a 500D.

I have but my friend who has 3 speeding tickets and 2 accidents gets better insurance then me.

Because you touch yourself at night?

Seriously though, age has a lot to do with it. On your 25th birthday you can look forward to seeing your insurance rates fall like a rock. The fact that you're 21 and have a 'Stang and a sportbike that probably has a high claim rate (think drops and fairings) isn't helping you.

If you think you're getting hosed, start playing the field and getting quotes. Don't be surprised if you end up with more of the same.

:lol:

Your right and my insurance is Progressive. Other insurance companys want 5000 a year coverage just for the stang. It just seems like to me that because I want to enjoy life I must pay pay pay. I understand that I am young but they just don't care.

You sir are getting the insurance pole of satifaction. :lol:

Mine was high, but never really that bad.

Shop around a bit. Then tell your insurance company you are finding better rates elsewere. see if they drop it then.

Also could be high becasue you are a new policy holder. Have you always used that company? Has it always been in your name?

Different companies do things differently. Just look around, and get the hell out of where you are.

He's stuck in a vicious circle.

He can't move out because he has to pay for insurance on the bike

He can't get rid of the bike because it's a total chick magnet

He can't land a chick once they find out he lives at home with mommy

Oh cruel world.