Thought that I just about lost it...

DangBruhY

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't hear anyone talking about them, because I don't read those threads. I don't want to tease myself.

Right now I work 3 jobs. 1 FT 2 PT. I have no time do to anything. I haven't had a weekend off in 2 weeks and I have 3 more weeks to go before I get one. Then that weekend will be when I have to go to Chicago for my brothers wedding. It's just been non-stop for me. The only riding I get to do is to and from work. That's why I'm hitting these ramps like they are twisties on the backroads.

Thanks for the offer. If I get some time, I WILL take you up on it.

if you are just tooling around town go around 34/34. If u want to do some hard riding go 30/30,but give them a little time to warm up before you really twist that thang. This is a very general setting as diff tires need diff pressure's. My #'s are good for pirelli and metzler tires.

these numbers also work for michelin street tires.

Throttling through the apex and getting some wheel spin? I used to have this happen with the stock Dunlop's.

:plus1: Dunlops tend to be crap

I'm not sure what the tire brand is or the tire pressure. They were on the bike when I bought it. They are still in excellent condition.

As far as the chicken strips... It's Ohio. Enough said. When I lived in California, we use to hit the mountains up at LEAST 3 times a week. I had NO chicken strips then, but on this flat land... Yes, there will be big fat furry chickens with me on just about every ride.

1) I don't care if you only owned the bike for 1 day, you should know what brand tires are on your ride.

2) I have a VROD and my chicken strips are nowhere near that big, and I just moved from OH last month...

I slide my shit sideways so often I have gotten used to it. I just wrote it off to a varying combination of my tires and my technique.

My rear is getting a bit bald now, its a bias ply instead of radial, and I think sometimes I just give it a bit too much throttle and/or get sloppy body position. Either way, I just relax and ease of the "go" handle whenever I feel it breaking loose and keep riding. (my tire pressure is the only thing I can assure you is correct...)

So, will this stop happening so much when I swap the tires for radials, or am I just a throttle hungry, backwards leaning squidball? (note: it was happening most often when I was accelerating from a stop around a corner, such as at stoplights. It happens less now that I stay off the throttle just a bit on those turns and I dropped my tire pressure down to 30psi, but once in a while I get into the gas at the apex and it still wants to slide on me a bit.)

Also worth noting is that I make 100+ftlbs of torque at 3k rpm on the v-twin, and I learned to ride on a I4 motor that peaks at 7-8k rpm, so it has also crossed my mind that I might just be dealing with the difference in character between two different types of motor. (or more accurately, two motors which have vastly different power output characteristics.)