CBR vs. GSXR??

OhioMarine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed my mind. Triumph 650! Outruns all of the equivalent Japanese competition and is more than adequate in the handling department.

Plus, it's different and people will pay attention to it everywhere you go.

You can usually find them for $3500.

Daytona 600 and Daytona 650

I changed my mind. Triumph 650! Outruns all of the equivalent Japanese competition and is more than adequate in the handling department.

Daytona 600 and Daytona 650

you know.. I have seen a few of those running. They are pretty sharp. not much of a market for them from what i can tell though..

You mean like aftermarket? It's there, it's just not like the jap 4 where you open the back of motorcyclist magazine and you can build a whole damn bike.

Usually the triumph aftermarket is specialized and they market to forums for triumphs. Triumph is a big enough name though that you wouldn't have a problem.

At least it doesn't have the name Aprilia. Aftermarket? What's that?

Is this the same bike parks has. Only for 3500. Are you serious. My bike cost me over 5000. O wow. I think I might get it.

Is this the same bike parks has. Only for 3500. Are you serious. My bike cost me over 5000. O wow. I think I might get it.

No, this is the generation before the 675. The 675 was a BIG jump for Triumph. The Daytona 600 series is a lesser known and older model.

DAYTONA650_04.jpg

I saw you on a repsol. How many bikes do you have and can I borrow one or ride it?

:lol:

Good luck going from a 250 to a Duc 1098 or Repsol 1000. Don't take it personally when Andy asks for $10K as a deposit. :D

honda for the muthafuckin win. i would know. look at my sig and then look at my latest thread about my trip to grattan. do you see a knee oon the ground? no. :D

Don't get me wrong, I got my knee down that day and on that bike. it was lack of will and effort that the photographer didn't put forth to cuse no pics of such occurance. but still.. i was throwin down knees always with the honda :lol:

GSXR for the win.

I currently own a 2005 CBR600RR; I have owned a 2001 GSXR750. This is all depending on what you need from a bike. If you want to ride hard and will need to modify your suspension for any reason including your weight then your only choice is the GSXR. If comfort, dependability or resale is important to you then the CBR wins. This is only true for the 2004 models you are comparing and the determining factor in this is that the Honda of that vintage still has the old style upside down forks. 2005 or newer will make this a totally different scenario.

Edited by Uncle Punk

GSXR for the win.

I currently own a 2005 CBR600RR; I have owned a 2001 GSXR750. This is all depending on what you need from a bike. If you want to ride hard and will need to modify your suspension for any reason including your weight then your only choice is the GSXR. If comfort, dependability or resale is important to you then the CBR wins. This is only true for the 2004 models you are comparing and the determining factor in this is the Honda of that vintage still has the old style forks. 2005 or newer will make this a totally different scenario.

Would you agree that any CBR would be a more comfortable ride though??

I just have to say, after riding both on the track. those 7 pieces of frame that they eliminated when they went from 11 pc to 4 pc frame in 07 made an AMAZING difference. while the older honda are deff fun, the 07+ has a no comparison chart that you would not believe!