a guy in my msf course....

oldschoolsdime92

There was a guy in my msf course that i remember talking about something called devils backbone or somthing along those lines. supposidly it has some awesome twisties in the area. does anyone have any idea what this is?

i think its out west....... i remember the battle of devil's backbone during the civil war

no this was in the dayton area, he was leaving our msf course on sunday and going to ride there, i didnt have my bike so i didnt go along. Kid was from xenia said it was in that area.

ok then he is talking about Wilberforce-Clifton Road in Greene county. It's behind Central State and leads to Clifton, Yellow Springs.

We refer to the twisty road between Yellow Springs and Xenia as the backbone. Did you happen to catch where the guy might be from?

What's the name of that road? Looking on google maps and they all seem pretty tame.

ok then he is talking about Wilberforce-Clifton Road in Greene county. It's behind Central State and leads to Clifton, Yellow Springs.

And this is why I should finish reading threads before replying...

Thanks!

We refer to the twisty road between Yellow Springs and Xenia as the backbone. Did you happen to catch where the guy might be from?

he was from xenia i belive. He rode a gixxer, I belive his name was nick. He had alot of dirt bike style in his riding.He was a hell of a rider though, and a nice guy.

let me know when you might head out way I know some of my way around there. Sorry about last week it was almost 8 before i could leave the house.

no problem man, shit happens.Just get ahold of me when you want to ride, im almost always down to ride, as long as your not doing the 150 mph passes down 75. then I will meet you where ever you wanna go, but i wont chase haha

I've never had my bike up that high before. but I wont lie I did have it up over 100 once on N75 in a hurry to get home one day. I'm more of a timid rider for the most part.

nothin wrong with that! I rarley go that fast. I cant afford to loose my licenses. most of the time i find some nice twisties, do the speed limit and just have a good time.

LOL! it's a nice little road. let me know when you want to go, and I'll show you the back way.

Sounds good, thanks. I haven't been out for a non-commute ride for a couple of weeks. Usually I head south from Beavercreek toward Caesar's creek or east to Xenia and then south, so I miss a lot of East/NorthEast fun.

nothin wrong with that! I rarley go that fast. I cant afford to loose my licenses. most of the time i find some nice twisties, do the speed limit and just have a good time.

That's what I like too, plus the "country" scenery. I'll do the speed limit or 5 over usually, unless I'm still far slower than everyone else on the highway.

• 5 months later...

It's westside. My dad lives right off of it. Take 50 over there, get off at Glenway Ave, veer left at the BP, turn left at the CVS. You'll pass a couple golf courses and that road will turn into Devil's Backbone.

Sorry about the landmark directions. I'm eastsider and I rarely go over there. It's literally the only route I take over there.