Johnny Rock Page get his butt chewed by Al Luddington

fox_racing_guy

plus, i would say that bristol is a lot different too... thats a track where the entire field takes up damn near half the track on a restart, and the leaders start lapping the tail end of the field after like 20 laps...

also, doing it 100 laps into a 500 lap race is one thing. doing it in the waning laps is another altogether.

all in all, i think page should have just rolled off the throttle a bit, held his line and let them go by. but at the same time, luddington didnt need to be a dick about it though.

mike helton wouldnt go down to your garage and rip you a new asshole. he would call you into the trailer and rip you a new asshole there, in private.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:plus1: That pissed me off the most. I guess to DMG, it's not racing anymore. It's just a "show", like reality TV. Just setting up the grid so there's the perfect ending. "We no longer care about racing, we just want a good show"

Hmmm, sounds familiar. NASCAR anyone?

dont get me wrong, there is definitely a lot of sensationalism and showmanship in nascar, but they do care about racing too.. back in the day there were only a handful of guys who honestly had a shot at winning... yarborough, petty, parsons, allison, baker etc. nowadays maybe 60% of the field has a chance to win any given race. they want the teams to be competitive. thats why all the cars are pretty much identical. they want it to be about the driver racing other drivers, not drivers racing the track.

personally, in AMA i dont hate the idea of the pace car. im not opposed to bunching the field back up so people can race each other. but i think in PRACTICE they are doing a shitty job. it seems like no one is really sure how anything is supposed to work. they need to get a system down and stick with it. also IMO the riders need radios so race control/pits can communicate with them and tell them when a caution is out, so they know that the pace car is coming out, instead of almost running into it.

The last thing I would want when I'm trying to pass somebody on the inside by out braking them and pulling half my suit up my ass with my sphincter clenching is to hear a crew member buzzing me in my ear about something I don't really care about at the moment.

I just think it would cause more problems than it would solve. I also hate bike to bike communications for this same reason. I think they are distractions that aren't necessary.

I have to agree. Im not sure I would want someone chatting me up either but if you think about it, they do it in F1

AMA is the only group that has a problem with getting out of the way. Watch a motogp or wsbk race, they move and get right back to racing. The only reason this was a big issue was the area on track where they were trying to pass, it is a tight fast part with little room for error due to walls down both sides.

It's not like the guy was blocking the leaders. He just happened to be caught at a tight section of the track. What's he supposed to do?? Put it in the litter so the faster guys can keep racing??

move over and let them keep racing. he can give up a second on a lap to let them by and he would not have lost a position. he gains nothing by what he did and yates was the one to loose out.

The last thing I would want when I'm trying to pass somebody on the inside by out braking them and pulling half my suit up my ass with my sphincter clenching is to hear a crew member buzzing me in my ear about something I don't really care about at the moment.

i can accept that. maybe the radio will only be a one way thing from race control to the riders to inform them that the caution is coming out. either way, they need a way to tell the riders that the caution is coming out RIGHT WHEN IT HAPPENS and to start slowing up and prepare to be picked up by the car. maybe yellow lights every 50 feet on the track or something?

It's not like the guy was blocking the leaders. He just happened to be caught at a tight section of the track. What's he supposed to do?? Put it in the litter so the faster guys can keep racing??

when he gets the blue flag, the rules say he should hold his line (which he did) and let the other riders pass (which i dont think he did). maybe roll off the throttle a bit, and let them go.

Sometimes slowing down results in blowing your line to hell and back... especially in that section of the track. I think he would have caused real problems if he'd let up over there. Just my opinion...

werd, i'd say a sudden deceleration in an extremely tight section of the track would be way more dangerous than maintaining line and speed...