Slippery Corbin Seat

walther_gsp

I recently purchased a Corbin seat off ebay, and have really regretted it so far.

The seat is the "carbon fiber" leather, which is supposed to actually have some decent grip for sport riding. However, this thing is slick as hell. It feels like someone used nothing but Armorall on it.

I've tried a couple cleanings with a non-conditioner based leather cleaner and no luck.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or am I stuck ebaying it off to find something better?

might just be stuck with the slickness man. Mine was pretty slick too. Not enough id want to get rid of it tho

I'm riding around using my arms to keep me pushed away from the tank, the second I ease up, I slide right back in. This simply won't do.

My experience is that your butt will wear it off over time.

To speed up the removal, try a gentle grease cutter, like diluted Simple Green. Or even Dawn or Ivory dish soap. I'm pretty sure diluted methylated spirits (denatured alcohol) will remove a lot of it. Methylated spirits is just ethanol (ethyl alcohol) the type we drink, only mixed so we can't drink it. I use a mix of 50% distilled water and 50% of an off-the-shelf 70% ethyl alcohol. Dilute it even more, if necessary. I use it to clean all sorts of things at work. A good grease and dirt cutter, it removes fingerprints and age from computers and LCD screens. I buy it at Walgreens. Please don't get the wintergreen mint smelly stuff.

From what I see on line, Armor All is believed cause the vinyl to crack way too soon. Get some Corbin Saddle Cream.

http://www.corbin.com/care2.shtml

http://www.corbin.com/accessories/conditioner.shtml

Note: a 50%-50% mix of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water is preferred for cleaning LCD screens.

Note #2: Most windshield and faceshield manufacturers don't like alcohols used on the plastic. There is a chance of the coatings being removed. (But camera lenses that have coatings, are cleaned with... alcohol...)

edit: oh yeah, and use those micro fiber rags, they rock. Cheap at Dollar Stores.

Edited by ReconRat
micro fiber

Huh' date=' I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about my seat when you rode Gemma. Maybe the previous owner used something he shouldn't have on the seat.. oh wellz.[/quote']

Gemma never slid like this. I think its the material.