Just can't help myself...

Likwid

I know this may be far more amusing if Iwas on a sport... but still I'm interested to hear others' stories.

Was riding down RT8 when it got a little crowded, well some 16 year old in a piece of shit 90's Mitsu Eclipse with an angry can of bees muffler, temp tags, and painted, what appeared to be BBQ flat black paint all over the car, rolled up next to be and kept revving his engine and blocking me from passing

The traffic cleared up so I switched lanes and downshifted... I hear him revving the engine so I just blew by him like he wasn't even moving.

I imagine others have similar experiences on their bikes... any funny stories? Also any speculation why people think their cars are fast?

I took down a Porsche 928 in my '94 Cutlass Supreme on my way back from Indy. Not that it was a great feat, but I was in a Cutlass and Mr. Porsche man was thinking he was a badass in a 928 putting out low 200hp numbers :rolleyes:

That was years ago though. Good times.

cagers have no idea what fast is or even feels like. They just dont know.. I HATE those cars that are loud as hell so i always try to put them in their place. Another reason i dont ride the street any more.

I THOUGHT I was fast until I rode with the other guys... JRM made me think I was standing still. But even then, you need a pretty damn fast car to beat just about any motorcycle.

I came up on a few guys who I ride with occasionally out of QS&L. All of them were on 600s. They were riding down the highway about 70 MPH. I made it up to the lead guys blew my horn at them, waved and took off. I ran them up to about 130 MPH and no one went around me until I slowed down for my exit. On the highway some cars are a good match for a 600 and I drive a Trailblazer. I don't even mess with cruisers though.

I was on my way home one night on rt49 in dayton. some gut in a ss HHR kept pulling just past me and then slowing down next to me. I ignored he for a few miles then we came to a stop light. he revved his engine a bunch. the light turned green and he took off like a bat out of hell. I just took off normal. at the next light about two of three miles up the road we hit another light. again he was revving so this time i thought ive had enough of this. the light turned green and I was gone. I wish I could have seen his face. He really thought his HHR could hang.

I had a Lexus (could have been an IS300, not sure) pull even with me on the highway and hold there for about a minute then he down shifted and took off. I wasn't going to let my little 14 year old 600 be shown up by some cage so I kicked it down two gears into 4th and blew past his shiny sports car like it was a Metro.

had a guy try to race me with his corvette just on the outside of newark. it was a good race and the car sounded great.

Thats funny I had a vett. screw with me right around 146, so we opened it up a little and was pulling away easy with a gear to go

Unless I can tell by the exhaust note, intake, cam, supercharger whine, blow off valve, or nitrous purge... I don't know any typical streetcar capable of running 9s that most liter+ bikes wouldn't just walk away from in any roll race.

They'd have to have serious money into a sleeper before I'd think twice about running 'em.

Edited by JRMMiii

Unless I can tell my the exhaust note, intake, cam, supercharger whine, blow off valve, or nitrous purge... I don't know any typical streetcar capable of running 9s than most liter+ bikes wouldn't just walk away from in any roll race.

They'd have to have serious money into a sleeper before I'd think twice about running 'em.

Lol, and most people around Ohio (I'd say >90%) are all about the look, so noone's running sleepers.

For me I just look to make sure it's not a high end sports car... I like stoplights though... even the high end cars don't have a 0-60 faster than a cruiser

i never provoke an obviously nicer car into racing with my car or bike cause even if i win the race, i still lose at life.

i also never provoke an obviously crappier car into racing with my car or bike cause even if i win the race, i'd still be a douche and if I lose, I'd be a fucking tool.

i never provoke an obviously nicer car into racing with my car or bike cause even if i win the race, i still lose at life.

i also never provoke an obviously crappier car into racing with my car or bike cause even if i win the race, i'd still be a douche and if I lose, I'd be a fucking tool.

:plus1:

On the highway some cars are a good match for a 600 and I drive a Trailblazer. I don't even mess with cruisers though.

Funny you say that....I rock a Trailblazer as well....and I am sure I would hang with plenty of bikes...nothing bigger than a 600 of course.....and probably pull a few out of the hole. ;)

Edited by MattKatz

Tee hee.... I learned a hard lesson on power to weight ratio back when I was a cager... Used to be into racing cars (came here from CR.com) and I thought to have some fun with this sport bike that was doing wheelies and revving his engine at me on Polaris. We get off onto 71 south after playing stoplight tag a few times and I hammered my Mustang for all she was worth. The bike let me get about a car length ahead and then stood her up on one wheel and passed me like that... I was doing 110 when the bike passed me on a wheelie like I was in reverse...

Now I get to see this from the 2 wheel point of view all the time, nothing like smoking a civic with fart can and a teenage driver on my old ass cruiser. I especially like when they have friends/a girl in the car with them and are obviously showing off... boy that has to suck. :)

LOL I like that 2wheels, I was roll racing a Impala on 71S by Polaris ~8 years ago... was a mom with 2 kids in the back... 115 mph in traffic lol

Very few things annoy me as much as a 16 year old in a Civic LX with a fart pipe... my roommate in college had that... and a Type R sticker on it.