Newb in Zanesville on a Ninja 250

JayW

What's up?

Pretty new rider. Rode for the first time in May this year taking BRC.

Took BRC, failed in the test. Still bit by the bug, got a Ninja 250, practised in parking lots, baking in the heat, till the butt went numb. Passed the state on-cycle test with zero deductions. I'm still retaking BRC soon -- want to get better! :)

I've held my own on the road. Coming close to 1000 miles on it since the beginning of June, so you can bet there have been sticky situations that I made it through without droppage. Ride mostly in the dark. Rode in rain the other night to see what it's like (not fun!)

In the next few years, I hope to get to 600cc sports bike. :600rr:

Maybe a Ninja 650 in between? I'm trying to keep from turning in a squid, so I'll stick to the 250 for now. I haven't gotten sick of the Baby Ninja or mastered it yet, so pocketbook is safe for now. :p

OK, I think I took up my time. If you see me around Zanesville, gimme a wave.

Welcome!

I also started out on a NInja 250 this year! I started in April, bike had 2374 miles on it, and I turned over 5000 on the way to the BRC today! The 3 of us from here that were there together (and the rest of the class) passed the first time through. If you're not getting into the BRC yet this year, it might do you well to do so early on next season, after the winter. Then, you could get into the Experienced Rider Course at the end of the year! I'm thinking about the ERC next year, myself! There's also the BRC2, that might be more appropriate for you.

• 2 weeks later...