FS-1999 Pontiac Trans Am

TwiztedRRGirl

I'm a little confused.

Its ok for one guy to beat you up about your price, but not ok for another guy to do the same thing?

Fuck me.

You post a for sale ad in a forum, and you take what you get. If you don't want people to add their two cents in, ask the mods to lock the thread, or post in on AutoTrader, CL, or some other place. Of course, you'll still get the same bullshit replies, but you dont have to worry about other people seeing the comments.

Oh yeah...Kawi...we're cool and all, but you're walking a fine line when you start editing other people's posts. Reminds me of another board I used to frequent. They get about 6 posts a day now...

well said, couldnt agree more. the asking price is absurd, even if it wasnt wrecked. i have noticed that many people on here get special treatment if they cry to the mods.

Edited by that dude

I'm a little confused.

Its ok for one guy to beat you up about your price, but not ok for another guy to do the same thing?...

I didn't see the edited posts, and I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but let me just clear some air. I'm not bashing the car. It is a good looking car with some history that I know about. As for the ownership, it was well taken care of and rarely driven.

I'm not attacking anybody, but will offer an apology if I offended someone.

Jason,

best of luck with the sale. If you can't move it. Call me with a counter price and we'll try to put something together.

I didn't see the edited posts, and I'm not sure if this is directed at me, but let me just clear some air. I'm not bashing the car. It is a good looking car with some history that I know about. As for the ownership, it was well taken care of and rarely driven.

I'm not attacking anybody, but will offer an apology if I offended someone.

Jason,

best of luck with the sale. If you can't move it. Call me with a counter price and we'll try to put something together.

Didn't say that you were, and it wasnt really "directed" at you.

I didn't see the original posts either, but it was obvious by the tone that "dude" made a comment about the price - basically the same thing you did. Perhaps there was a personal attack involved? I really don't know.

My point was (is) I find it offensive that one person can do something like that, and someone else cant. I further find it offensive that the mod's saw fit to edit someone's posts.

I used to hang out at localriders.com. Actually I was there very early on when the board was just getting started. As time went on there was a cadre of people that pretty much got away with anything, and those that got away with nothing. As it stands now, that group is more or less the only activity that site sees. Sad really. They used to have a shit-load of people posting over there. Now, the regulars number about 20 or so and they talk to themselves.

In the end, over policing of this site will turn it into the same thing - a handful of people that agree with each other. Not much fun if you ask me.

I could almost quote the last 5 replies or more and throw up :repost:

weird, if the same thread (after being cleaned up by a mod) takes the same direction as it did previously? then maybe you should listen to peoples advice, albeit unsolicited. Just my two cents, don't mean to be "sippin on the haterade" just trying to help you with the sale, consider this another free bump!

:popcorn:

cheers to thread de ja vu.

• 2 months later...