Does anyone feel sorry for these people?

dmagicglock

Does anyone feel sorry for these people?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone feel sorry for these people?

• Yes
    • No
    • Let 'em die and tell ahmadinejad thanks for helping us with "natural selection"

Do these people have this coming? I read stories like this, (like lisa lings sister in N.K.) and I think... WTF are they doing there in the first place?

Why would they go to Iraq as a "tourist" and why would they hike in mountains on the Iran border. If I'm going to Iraq its with the military and an M4 in my hand. Now they've just become bargaining chips for foreign policy for Ahmadenijad. I don't wish death or being "locked up abroad" upon anyone, but its hard to feel sympathy for people that put themselves in these kinds of RIDICULOUS situations.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535944,00.html?test=latestnews

It's crazy that our troops would do just about anything to get out of there, or not have to go in the first place, and these twats go for the hell of it. It's hard to say they get what they deserve, but they almost get what they deserve.

See, you guys aren't seeing the big picture here. Being a tourist in an active war zone is one of the best vacations money can buy, as long as you have the right guides. I see they went with the deluxe package and picked themselves up a "peace and conflict studies" guide (a quick Google turned up they teach that at Berkeley, go figure).

I can't even finish this with a straight face. If they can't figure out they are in an active war zone, with a heavily armed populace who wants us out of there with a powerful will, and straddling the border of a country who had no problem recently killing a few hundred of its own citizens in a attempted revolt, they deserve what they get. Let's see how well the peace and conflict studies degree works in that environment.

I bet they said something like the following before they left..."Wow, we have learned so much about the Middle East and we should go be ambassadors of peace! We alone can change the way people see americans over there! We aren't the aggressors, we aren't in the military, so why would anyone want to harm us? Knowledge is power!"

nowyouknow.jpg

American "Tourists" in these areas are often Christian missionaries out to convert. They don't openly tell anyone they are missionairies for fear of getting killed in some places.

Kinda like Jehovies showing up on my porch. I open the door and say, "You better be selling something." :mad:

Who the fuck is lisa ling anyway?

I especially like how the article says over and over that they ignored the border guards warnings. Stupid arrogant elitist tourists... they were probably doing it on purpose thinking a nice chat over a cup of tea would diplomatically solve our problems with the country. I'll bet right now as they're getting beaten with a rubber hose they're demanding a lawyer or citing the Geneva conention

I especially like how the article says over and over that they ignored the border guards warnings. Stupid arrogant elitist tourists... they were probably doing it on purpose thinking a nice chat over a cup of tea would diplomatically solve our problems with the country. I'll bet right now as they're getting beaten with a rubber hose they're demanding a lawyer or citing the Geneva conention

That's what happens when you spend all that time and money in college learning Arabic, and some guy that speaks Farsi is pointing a AK-47 at your chest.

you know, i never heard people saying "elitist" until all the working class members of the media like bill oreilly or sean hannity started saying it. :rolleyes:

my uncle went to iran for a month last year. said he had a great time. had no problems at all.

maybe they went to iraq because they saw "mission accomplished" on the news, and hear people taking about how things are going great ???

you know, i never heard people saying "elitist" until all the working class members of the media like bill oreilly or sean hannity started saying it. :rolleyes:

my uncle went to iran for a month last year. said he had a great time. had no problems at all.

maybe they went to iraq because they saw "mission accomplished" on the news, and hear people taking about how things are going great ???

really....you have to start this...:popcorn: