Buddy hit on West Broad St.

fattyona12

My good friend who works with me, was on his way in tonight and right at West Broad and Norton a lady turned right in front of him. He hit the fender of her car and went head(helmet thank god) first into the windsheild. I went up to Grant ER and saw him, going through a cat scan and then down to his room. He is ok but, kinda had me worried. Helmet saved his life. Bike is totaled. All he remembered was a thud...then hearing a lady crying, saying oh my god. Then he woke up in the squad. Firm believer in helmets and now even more so.

Glad to hear he is ok. I know how he feels. I have been over the hood of a mini van and a Chevy compact car.

Got aircare on the Chevy. I am surprised he remembers the Thud. All I remember is seeing the car peek through the line of cars and then waking up on the road.

Heal fast and full.

That always sucks to hear about. Helmets make a world of differance. We got hit a few months ago, long story short- we were turning left and the guy behind us didnt have headlights on, was doing about 50-55mph and smoked us. If it wasnt for those helmets we sure as hell wouldnt be here

Glad to hear he's gonna be ok. AGATT! You just never know!

Every time i hear something like this i get pissed at how people have their heads so far up there ass while operating a 3000lb+ vehicle. Totally f@#king amazes me.

No shit!!!

Great that he had his helmet on! And lucky he still has knees with a head on.

What were the directions and turns? That's nearly a three way turn unless one of them was coming out of Doctor's West. I'm having a hard time figuring out how he was in her windshield unless it was him east bound Broad and her making a left.

And why did they take him to Grant if he was right outside Doctor's?

And why did they take him to Grant if he was right outside Doctor's?

Grant is a level 1 trauma center and Doctor's is not. Being in the emergency medical bussiness I can tell you with no doubt at all if my life is ever on the line do to a traumatic accident I want to go to Grant ER.

Glad to hear your buddy is going to be fine.

Grant is a level 1 trauma center and Doctor's is not. Being in the emergency medical bussiness I can tell you with no doubt at all if my life is ever on the line do to a traumatic accident I want to go to Grant ER.

Glad to hear your buddy is going to be fine.

I second that about Grant. When I was transported to Grant Trauma and they did a great job. Their trauma unit is a finely tuned machine.

That was the only way I could figure it. It'll be nice when (if) they ever get the whole intersection redone.

I'd cheer your buddy up by bringing him some 2008 model year catalogs!

hope your buddy has a speed recovery. And I agree with everyone else about Grant. I have the pleasure of working down there and after seeing some of the amazing stuff I see down there I will go no where else if I am in an accident.