Special Introductory Beginner Group Instruction

PrettyEye

I saw on their http://www.ridefasttrax.com/ that they are offering a Special Introductory Beginner Group Instruction at Nelson Ledges Friday, August 14th (from 5 pm to sundown). This is for $75 and probably a great way to be introduced to the track in a non-race, non-competitive atmosphere.

If you can think of anyone that might be hesitant at doing track time because they don't want to be "racing" and are free Friday night, maybe you can talk them into this...it's only $75 and what they learn will be worth it!! Check their website for more information (click on TrackDays -> Beginner).

I especially encourage woman riders who are new to the track to take advantage of this opportunity :) My husband and I will be there so let me know if you need any help with anything :) (pls let us know sooner rather than later, if possible).

I take no further responsibility into the introduction of a new addiction and money pit :)

Anyone ever done the leather rental with FastTrax/Ledges? Sounds interesting and wouldn't mind getting in a 1st track day...

Yeap, my husband and I just rented leathers in June. They are Vansons 1 piece mostly. We haven't lost our "baby weight" yet and haven't gotten new leathers so we rented. There is an online form to fill out for renting leathers at the track or you can contact Todd (http://www.ridefasttrax.com/aboutus.htm)

I'll be there, I don't have a trailer so if I can get in on a Columbus group that would be amazing. Otherwise I might ride and have someone come with me.

i don't know if this will help but fasttrax has their own forum at http://www.ridefasttrax.com/phpbb/

Also, many of the riders are on this forum (fasttrax racing school)

http://www.localriders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270

Feel free to post and ask if anyone is willing to help you if they can. If they can, I know they will.

From what I've heard, they allow cruisers in these groups too :)

Unless someone wants to lend me a beater

I have a ninja250 with a lot of character and runs really nice :) I have taken it out on Nelson and if you promise not to crash it, you are welcome to borrow it.

Yes, cruisers are allowed because it is school to teach better riding skills in a controlled, close circuit environment...it is not a race school.

I have a ninja250 with a lot of character and runs really nice :) I have taken it out on Nelson and if you promise not to crash it, you are welcome to borrow it.

Yes, cruisers are allowed because it is school to teach better riding skills in a controlled, close circuit environment...it is not a race school.

I might have to do this with my bike... would be a lot of fun

Good call, I'll try to do that soon.

Oh and Nelson Ledges is also where LeMons is this year so it will help me learn the track.

LOLOL are u doing the Lemon Day!! ha! That is going to be VERY interesting!!!! hehehehhe

I think that's a bad idea. Once he twists the throttle on Jenna he'll soon realize he's bitten off more than he can chew. Remember' date=' she's a "Ninja250RM" ;)

Are you still enjoying her, btw? (or is SpeedyD hogging her to himself)[/quote']

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! No one under 170 lbs can appreciate Jenna until they ride her properly (I would say that her suspension is pretty much maxed out at that weight). She is constantly underestimated.

Both of us took her out at NL in June because the shock for the SV was not ready and it was better to be on the track than not at all. Otherwise, I have been riding her to and from work/school so YES, I am still enjoying her very much although she still primer grey and patiently awaiting that nice paint job I keep on promising.

BTW I'm assuming my headlight tape is passable. Numbers should be easy to get.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/picture.php?albumid=415&pictureid=5111

I'll review the getting started stuff more in depth when I get home from work.

The headlight looks ok. You don't need numbers though.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! No one under 170 lbs can appreciate Jenna until they ride her properly (I would say that her suspension is pretty much maxed out at that weight). She is constantly underestimated.

Both of us took her out at NL in June because the shock for the SV was not ready and it was better to be on the track than not at all. Otherwise, I have been riding her to and from work/school so YES, I am still enjoying her very much although she still primer grey and patiently awaiting that nice paint job I keep on promising.

where have you been guys....missed all of you a lot....any race days coming up ???....gimme me a howl.......I am missing the pit slavery.....:(

How's is the baby doin....I didn't had a chance to see him/her either :(

take care and say hi to Dorjan.....

But I want numbers LOL

hehe, well if you put it that way, don't go the graphic stores and have custom numbers made, it can be expensive that way. Go to the Pat Catans or some arts and craft supply and check out the art making supply section. You can get decent vinyl numbers for a couple of bucks.

where have you been guys....missed all of you a lot....any race days coming up ???....gimme me a howl.......I am missing the pit slavery.....:(

How's is the baby doin....I didn't had a chance to see him/her either :(

take care and say hi to Dorjan.....

ha! Kosmos! how the heck are you and your bones!! I have been wondering about you as well. We haven't done any racing this year because our racing money has gone to daycare :bitchfight: and well, i hate pumping at the track (baby is getting the boobjuice :popcorn:) etc. etc. and no, I can't race and bf at the same time, sorry, I'm just not that talented and honestly, nap time is probably impossible with all the noise at the track. Crying babies are not fun. It is race weekend on August 15-16 so do feel free to just hang out :) We still reserve our first rights for your indenture but I hereby release you temporarily to help others in need :)

I might have to do this with my bike... would be a lot of fun

yeap, it is a lot of fun, the most fun with your clothes on. The regular school (full day) is $150 in small group environment. Honestly, that is a reasonable fee especially if you are close to Nelson Ledges. Saturday, August 16 and Saturday Sept 12 offer the full day beginner level track day.

And yes, there are many other organizations that offer instruction...STT, Mid Ohio, other tracks, etc etc.

ha! Kosmos! how the heck are you and your bones!! I have been wondering about you as well. We haven't done any racing this year because our racing money has gone to daycare :bitchfight: and well, i hate pumping at the track (baby is getting the boobjuice :popcorn:) etc. etc. and no, I can't race and bf at the same time, sorry, I'm just not that talented and honestly, nap time is probably impossible with all the noise at the track. Crying babies are not fun. It is race weekend on August 15-16 so do feel free to just hang out :) We still reserve our first rights for your indenture but I hereby release you temporarily to help others in need :)

Haha....by bones are good, shiny and lubed....;)..are you guys going to be there on August 15-16th......then we will stop by for sho.....

Haha....by bones are good, shiny and lubed....;)..are you guys going to be there on August 15-16th......then we will stop by for sho.....

no sorry, just the 14th (Friday evening) but our good friends, Leanne and Bert will probably be there, I think they are racing..some other friends, Sandi and Kyle are just doing the track time...I think you might remember Sandi?

And then the other usual assortment of riff raff racers will be there....