safelinkwireless

shittygsxr

It's for emergencies. You know' date=' like if someone is offering you a job and you can't get out of there fast enough. Situations like that.[/quote']

I guess. Well the phone is free anyway, and apparently you can by minutes for it too.

But if you could afford to buy minutes for it you could probably afford $35/mo for a regular cell phone :rolleyes:

Yes it is' date=' just type in a zip code. [/quote']

I typed in our zipcode, and got this...

Area not Supported

We’re sorry, but SafeLink Wireless does not currently offer Lifeline Service in your area. We are currently offering service in parts of Alabama, Connecticut, D. of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin with plans to begin offering service soon in the States listed below.

SafeLink Wireless Service is coming soon to... ArizonaPuerto RicoIllinoisTexasKentuckyWashingtonMissouri

I assumed since Ohio wasn't on the list, that there was no service? :confused:

Does it come up for Columbus???

I typed in our zipcode, and got this...

I assumed since Ohio wasn't on the list, that there was no service? :confused:

Does it come up for Columbus???

Typed in my zipcode and got this:

Lifeline Service in Ohio

Congratulations, SafeLink Wireless is offering Lifeline Service in your area! Below is a summary of the benefits you can receive, how to qualify for service, and how to apply today.

Here is how it is funded

Who Pays for the Lifeline and Link-Up Programs?

All telecommunications service providers and certain other providers of telecommunications must contribute to the federal USF based on a percentage of their interstate and international end-user telecommunications revenues. These companies include wireline phone companies, wireless phone companies, paging service companies, and certain Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers.

Some consumers may notice a “Universal Service” line item on their telephone bills. This line item appears when a company chooses to recover its USF contributions directly from its customers by billing them this charge. The FCC does not require this charge to be passed on to customers. Each company makes a business decision about whether and how to assess charges to recover its Universal Service costs. These charges usually appear as a percentage of the consumer’s phone bill. Companies that choose to collect Universal Service fees from their customers cannot collect an amount that exceeds their contribution to the USF. They also cannot collect any fees from a Lifeline program participant.