WARNING!!! Do NOT go to cars.gov

DangBruhY

Those warning banners are standard on all DoD systems and websites too. We have to add it to any new systems or projects we bring online:

USG Warning and Consent Banner

You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only.

By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:

- The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.

- At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.

- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.

- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.

- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.

I heard it from Glenn Beck- it has to be true. He never exaggerates or intentionally misinterprets a story. He certainly won't take something which is common knowledge or has been accepted as normal for years and claim it's a new Orwellian liberal plot to sell America to brown people (or whatever).

:rolleyes:

I like Glenn Beck. He makes me laugh. Sometimes because he's funny and sometimes because he's trying to not be funny.

I do like the idea that one could trade their 'gas guzzler' in on a Hummer®. That's pretty good stuff' date=' right there.[/quote']

I dont find him funny at all...he's just kinda annoying and seems to shout a lot

I heard it from Glenn Beck- it has to be true. He never exaggerates or intentionally misinterprets a story. He certainly won't take something which is common knowledge or has been accepted as normal for years and claim it's a new Orwellian liberal plot to sell America to brown people (or whatever).

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Those warning banners are standard on all DoD systems and websites too. We have to add it to any new systems or projects we bring online:

USG Warning and Consent Banner

You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only.

By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:

- The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.

- At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.

- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.

- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.

- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.

The difference is that the US govt has access to stuff on your comp when you go to sites like (my.af.mil) the one that prompted that warning but going to the cars.gov website gives access to many many agencies both here and overseas. Im not saying that any of that will happen but its the fact that it is a possibility. Oh well... im not going to it anyways so doesnt matter to me!

There is no popup or warning when you just visit the site. Glenn Beck is a lying douche bag who is misrepresenting where that warning page appears. It appears when LOGGING INTO the DoT CARS system. Yeah guess what? You log into a gov't system you're getting tracked.

I'm pretty sure he could care less about losing their advertising as someone else will quickly buy up space. Anyhow, here's a look at his ratings for yesterday. Weird he beats EVERY OTHER cable network show COMBINED.

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

Glenn Beck– 2,276,000 viewers (551,000) (1,089,000)

Situation Room—666,000 viewers (144,000) (232,000)

Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—520,000 viewers (99,000) (251,000)

Fast Money—275,000 viewers (59,000) (106,000)

Prime News–234,000 viewers (102,000) (135,000)

• 2 weeks later...
Beck is over the top...... But I like him..... I think some people just cant tell when he's being sarcastic.

He brings up some interesting points!

I guess the ratings do speak for themselves!

I agree! He is sarcastic and seems to "report" some things you just dont hear about anywhere else. He has a passion for what he believes in and I like it.