Unpleasent Weekend...

r1crusher

Well, I came down to help my wife with her father on Friday late afternoon. Figured I would ride down so I could get some seat time. Got to her place at 8ish and while getting my stuff unpacked she got a call from her sister who was watching him. He was in some respiratory distress and they ordered him straight to hospice care. While there things just got progressively worse, but the nurses there were really really good at managing his anxiety and pain. People were in and out through out the day Sat and into the evening. The gave him something to help him sleep around 8pm and between 11:05 and 11:15 my wife and I were beside for his remaining time here.

We've just been running around today getting final arrangements made and taking visitations from friends and family.

Just need to get this off my chest and get some rest for the coming days.

Thanks for everyones well wishes when I posted earlier about his poor condition.

Well, I came down to help my wife with her father on Friday late afternoon. Figured I would ride down so I could get some seat time. Got to her place at 8ish and while getting my stuff unpacked she got a call from her sister who was watching him. He was in some respiratory distress and they ordered him straight to hospice care. While there things just got progressively worse, but the nurses there were really really good at managing his anxiety and pain. People were in and out through out the day Sat and into the evening. The gave him something to help him sleep around 8pm and between 11:05 and 11:15 my wife and I were beside for his remaining time here.

We've just been running around today getting final arrangements made and taking visitations from friends and family.

Just need to get this off my chest and get some rest for the coming days.

Thanks for everyones well wishes when I posted earlier about his poor condition.

Very sorry to hear bud.

Thanks for all the replies. Things are really tough for the wife. She was pretty close to her father and whenever we seem to get some quiet alone time she just breaks down. I try my best to keep her mood as positive as I can but it is hard for me to watch her like this. Her boys are holding things in and it's just a matter of time for them to just give in to the grief. I'm already starting to wear down and the toughest two days are yet to come.

Again we appreciate everyones well wishes and replies.