More "cruisers" in accidents lately?

fusion

I think you are right and some of the reasons could be you have a bunch of people returning to riding after being off a bike for years.

The cost of gas have caused a bunch of people to return to bikes and a bunch want that Harley personna so buy a cruiser.

Then you have some of the baby boomers that the kids are now out of the house so they feel more comfortable getting back into riding.

Alot of these people are scared of the modern sportbikes and the fear that if you touch the throttle the thing will throw ya off the back and take off like a rocket. So I think that most of the riders are getting onto a cruiser or standard.

I think you are right and some of the reasons could be you have a bunch of people returning to riding after being off a bike for years.

The cost of gas have caused a bunch of people to return to bikes and a bunch want that Harley personna so buy a cruiser.

Then you have some of the baby boomers that the kids are now out of the house so they feel more comfortable getting back into riding.

Alot of these people are scared of the modern sportbikes and the fear that if you touch the throttle the thing will throw ya off the back and take off like a rocket. So I think that most of the riders are getting onto a cruiser or standard.

Glad it just isn't me. I was honestly wondering if my view was just a bit biased by being a sportbike rider myself.

Not to mention that a lot of these guys have zero riding experience before buying their HD...

You are right there plus some of them the last time they rode was on a 350 and that was a big bike. Now they are jumping on a cruiser that is at a min 1200cc and they just can't handle it with their rusty skills!