What tires should I use for my trip out west?

Casper

If one of your tires blows, shitty said he'd let you ride bitch the rest of the way.

Actually, he didn't say that, I made it up but it would still be awesome.

:lol:

Tires are less likely to blow than you are so I don't think anyone will have to ride bitch

Guess you're a lucky man? :lol:

Seriously though; I use BT021's on the ST. I can get around 6,000 miles from a set on tours through the deserts and mountains. Tires disappear fast when you combine the high speeds of the desert with the heat and aggresive aggregate that they use on the roads out there. I'd go for a harder compound tour tire.

Grip isn't going to be an issue; we won't be on any super twisty roads while railing along at high speed. We'll be stopping to take pics, etc.

Grip simply won't factor in.

I was looking at those. I think I'm going to pick up a set.

I was looking at those. I think I'm going to pick up a set.

Just ordered a set 30 minutes ago. The ST has a fucked up tire size on the front (18") that often limits what tires I can get. These are as good as any others that I've tried, so I'll stick with them. I think this is about the 4th or 5th set I've had.

this thread is interesting, all said and done since i have not had a chance to get to the track i have been wasting my money on PP's? I could be spending half the money for tires that have the same performance levels? I really need to know if the grip is the same or different cause i am ordering tires probably tomorrow or thurs

Magley and I both have PDS and neither of us will change anytime soon. We both ride quite hard and have no issues.

NinjaNick and xtremef4i both have Roadsmarts, I think, and run hard all the time and love them.

My father runs PR2's, rails them and is extremely satisfied.

IMO, there's not reason to buy a supersport tire, the sport touring tires are going to give you all the grip for hard riding on the street plus the bonus of extended mileage for a lesser price.