Photoshop request: House paint

justin0469

This is an old pic but as many of you know, I bought a foreclosed house at the beginning of the yr. So far, all of the work has been interior and I want to get it painted before winter hits. I'll need trim around the whole house (following the roof, dark brown now) as well as the wood siding on the front and around the windows. It's possible some or all of the wood needs to be treated prior to painting, so if anyone can recommend a place, let me know! At this point, I'm willing to pay a pro to do it at the rate things are moving!

Anyway, the point of this thread is to see if anyone has color suggestions and maybe even to find someone willing to photoshop some colors to see what it would look like. You can see the previous owner's poor attempt and painting some of the trim before giving up.

This is a picture of the back, just to show the color of the siding that I don't want to replace or paint to keep in mind while considering paint colors for the front. It's a pale blue/gray color. It's not that bad really.

I have such a hard time imagining how things would turn out when it's all said and done so hopefully someone can help out... :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think white always looks good on a house. The guy that lives next door has a white house with grey trim, it looks great! I have an offwhite house, it's OK, but for some reason it is harder to keep clean than the white would be.

I think that wood is stained Justin. You can re stain it or stain it another color. Isnt that wood cedar? Im not sure how well painting stained cedar would work out.

I have no idea if its cedar but I don't think it was stained originally. Definitely looks like it was painted when you get close...

If the back is bluish/grey why not do the front that way? You still have the brick to offset the same color front and back.

That's probably what I'd do but I really have no idea about the trim. I don't know about that creamish color that the previous owner started using with the blue/gray color. Maybe someone can photoshop it? :D

That's probably what I'd do but I really have no idea about the trim. I don't know about that creamish color that the previous owner started using with the blue/gray color. Maybe someone can photoshop it? :D

Are you saying paint over the wood or stain the wood?

Staining isn't going to get it light, painting looks a little akward but I can chop it for you.

is that a grey trim? doesn't look half bad.... Think the garage doors and trim should be that grey color too?

the only trim i changed was the eaves and upper gutter. the window above the garage is just the other window copied and pasted. So whatever the upper trim is now looks good. I'd do the doors and rest of the trim the same color.