Photoshop request: House paint

justin0469

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What people traditionally think of when you say "stain" is not necessarily an accurate depiction of whats out there nowadays. True their are very thin "stains" but like mentioned there are stains which are as thick as paint. A stain vs. a paint is meant to uniformly color the wood grainwhile highlighting wood textures. True stain does not typically last as long as a paint but paint will with each layer fill in some of the nature look of wood, in this case probably cedar, until years/coats later its hard to tell its what was originally on there.

What people traditionally think of when you say "stain" is not necessarily an accurate depiction of whats out there nowadays. True their are very thin "stains" but like mentioned there are stains which are as thick as paint. A stain vs. a paint is meant to uniformly color the wood grainwhile highlighting wood textures. True stain does not typically last as long as a paint but paint will with each layer fill in some of the nature look of wood, in this case probably cedar, until years/coats later its hard to tell its what was originally on there.
you must be a painter, or a chemist....:D

Also once you tour sherwin williams facilities, you realize that there are not as many grades of paint as sold. For years the superpaint was considered top of the line for them. It was the exact same blend as what was being sold as Promar200 contractor grade.

you must be a painter, or a chemist....:D

I owned 2 painting companies for almost 10 years before moving on to a more specialized construction trade. I employed as many as 30 full time employees working in as many as 5 states at a time. I have not painted full time in almost 11 years but I still do some side work.

Hey, I think I grew up in that neighborhood. Is that farmbrook estates???

yes it is

Ok, we'll have to talk about all this tomorrow - stain vs paint (and differences in each type available) and treatment/repair of wood prior. I think I have some color ideas I'll run by you tomorrow too.

yes it is

holy crap! yeah, my friends and i used to play on that basketball hoop when i was a kid. how long have you been there for? cuz i think i was visiting my mom and walking my dog in the neighborhood when i saw a couple of bikes in your garage or maybe it was your neighbor's?

i usually go back there to visit once or twice a month. we're right down the street at haywood ct. :)

back to the roof thing - when were the wind storms? Doing some searching, it looks like Feb 11 and 12, 2009 (did have the house) and Sept 15, 2008 (didn't have the house, but it sounds like this was the really bad one). I'm like 90% sure that I had the house during the really bad wind storm because I was worried about the siding coming off like I saw in some houses in the area.... hmmm....