Mid Ohio and STT

c7fx

living near akron means a much longer drive anywhere else. except nelson ledges. haven't heard much about fasttrax though. mid-ohio is only an hour and 20 minutes away.

so i guess jester was the head guy for the novice group? and lizard was the rider's meeting dude? damn, didn't realize all these people were on here.

Edited by enenen

While there were 10 articles on 60 ways to please my man I was actually reading an editorial on cougars.

The authors pen name ? Craig 636

Ps can anyone explain why there are more naked women in cosmo than there are in sport rider and yet people are offended with the moto mag?

could be wrong but isn't this your van. :D

I think Beaver is SOL at the moment...

at the risk of derailing this thread completely, what leads everyone to believe BeaveRun is in such bad shape financially?

I was there in April, and track marshal Mike (one of TWO full-time, year-round employees at the track) shared some info over beers and camp fire:

yes -BeaveRun has been running a tighter ship since the government/military(?) pulled out their FBI training stuff.

But...

as of April, the track was "booked for the rest of the 2009 season." So if they have the dates filled, they shouldn't be in the red. That DOES NOT mean they're as far into the black as they need to be.

I wouldn't expect any improvements to the track this year, and track fees may go up by $5-$15 per day next year, but I can live with that.

I just don't see the track closing while it's still booking every weekend... TPM and NESBA are at BeaveRun almost twice a month. no less than 5 times a summer for sure. and they run drift events on that skid-pad that don't even require corner workers... how can they lose money on those?

finally, as a bit of 'trivia,' check out hte BeaveRun water tower. there's some company name painted on it. They were supposed to sponsor the track, and then pulled out. they haven't bothered changing the water tower.

at the risk of derailing this thread completely, what leads everyone to believe BeaveRun is in such bad shape financially?

I was there in April, and track marshal Mike (one of TWO full-time, year-round employees at the track) shared some info over beers and camp fire:

yes -BeaveRun has been running a tighter ship since the government/military(?) pulled out their FBI training stuff.

But...

as of April, the track was "booked for the rest of the 2009 season." So if they have the dates filled, they shouldn't be in the red. That DOES NOT mean they're as far into the black as they need to be.

I wouldn't expect any improvements to the track this year, and track fees may go up by $5-$15 per day next year, but I can live with that.

I just don't see the track closing while it's still booking every weekend... TPM and NESBA are at BeaveRun almost twice a month. no less than 5 times a summer for sure. and they run drift events on that skid-pad that don't even require corner workers... how can they lose money on those?

finally, as a bit of 'trivia,' check out hte BeaveRun water tower. there's some company name painted on it. They were supposed to sponsor the track, and then pulled out. they haven't bothered changing the water tower.

Just a heads up before you go ape shit on everyone... The track is in what they call receivership. Look that up and get back to us...

Thanks for playin'...

But, there may still be chances for track days if the bank wants to pull in some cash until they decide what to do...

Uhhh... what? gov/mil fbi training? what are you talking about.

all their defensive driving stuff with law enforcement. That's what leaves skid-marks in the middle of the front straight, etc. I don't know exactly what groups it was, but Summit Point has a similar arrangement now.

edit - here. from the BeaveRun photo site:

63085512.TVe1gLhV.RLB_5686.jpg

and

63085509.25Jkv8N0.RLB_5514.jpg

I don't know exactly what kind of FBI training, etc. they were doing on site, but the track marshal was telling us they were paying a ton of money, but were a bitch to work with, because they didn't want him cutting the grass anywhere while they were trying to instruct, etc.

Edited by redkow97

Just a heads up before you go ape shit on everyone...

i thought we kissed and made up?

I hadn't heard anything about BeaveRun being in receivership, but as I said, unless the track marshal was giving us misinformation, every weekend for the rest of the season has some event booked.

I would expect the courts to allow and encourage those to go on as planned before suggesting a sale.

with any luck, the group that was looking to buy Nelson Ledges could get BeaveRun for a steal, and finish that addition they've been 'planning' for so long.

i thought we kissed and made up?

I hadn't heard anything about BeaveRun being in receivership, but as I said, unless the track marshal was giving us misinformation, every weekend for the rest of the season has some event booked.

I would expect the courts to allow and encourage those to go on as planned before suggesting a sale.

with any luck, the group that was looking to buy Nelson Ledges could get BeaveRun for a steal, and finish that addition they've been 'planning' for so long.

2009 may be booked and they are obligated via a contract, but the chief money guy died and they are now in receivership. Thus, my comments about not being too harsh on the folks as they know this too from the WERA boards and hearing it from others.

Receivership is something where unless the bank can get cash for it (I.E. someone buys the land to build condos, etc.), they MAY be interested in getting money for rental, but I am sure they aren't going to be easy to deal with. Meaning, WERA and others may have a tough time contacting someone to set dates for 2010...