Stillman

Clifford Automotive

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry theres no saturation done in this photo....Know your photoshop much?

Take his original and add saturation and see if you come up with the same image I did.

"Checking PM's"

See below

You should add more sepia! That's very PS professional.

Edited by Likwid

No, it's either a "levels" adjustment, or a white balance that went horribly awry.

Meh, I would assume it's curves, since levels would remove most of the detail from the front fairing (I tried levels first and it looked crappy, removed too much grey) Either way, you can really fuck up the tones of an image using curves, but it's the uber way to make your pictures look super teh awesome when the original wasn't very clear.

You're right though, it's not saturation in PHOTOSHOP, I couldn't fuck it up to look exactly like that with saturation, although you can get it pretty close.

But "saturation" is a subject of how much grey is in a color.... if you remove all the grey it's over-saturated

Edited by Likwid

Oh and post your up when your done. Have you ever merge multiple layers in PS, or do you just stick with the BG Image? Is your monitor calibrated? Are you a photographer or just someone that thinks they know what they are talking about. I'll check when I get home for slight difference, as I am on a shop computer. And to top if off, Im working with his 700x466 low res images.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Meh, I would assume it's curves, since levels would remove most of the detail from the front fairing (I tried levels first and it looked crappy, removed too much grey) Either way, you can really fuck up the tones of an image using curves, but it's the uber way to make your pictures look super teh awesome when the original wasn't very clear.

You're right though, it's not saturation in PHOTOSHOP, I couldn't fuck it up to look exactly like that with saturation, although you can get it pretty close.

But "saturation" is a subject of how much grey is in a color.... if you remove all the grey it's over-saturated

LOL thats all I can say to this...

I know Im right, I did it. As I also shoot somewhere in the 10k pics a year range too.

Oh and your close...saturation is the purity of color. Not necessarily grey.

Edited by Clifford Automotive
oh

Oh and post your up when your done. Have you ever merge multiple layers in PS, or do you just stick with the BG Image? Is your monitor calibrated? Are you a photographer or just someone that thinks they know what they are talking about. I'll check when I get home for slight difference, as I am on a shop computer. And to top if off, Im working with his 700x466 low res images.

4-1.jpg

Man, I wouldn't use that second image as an example of your work. And to answer your questions... lol, I don't need to prove my credentials to you.

Now, the fact you're on a crappy computer using crappy images should have been all you said

Edited by Likwid

I will say that monitor calibration is pretty important... I used to do that for a living.

But, it still sucks for me as my monitors are typically darker and warmer (5600K - 6700K) than most people are used to. The only reason that sucks is that when most people modify an image on a 9300K monitor with no color profile on the image... I lose a lot of the darks because the whole image is just dark.

Looks fine on a 9300K monitor, but very 'low light' on mine.

I will say that monitor calibration is pretty important... I used to do that for a living.

But, it still sucks for me as my monitors are typically darker and warmer (5600K - 6700K) than most people are used to. The only reason that sucks is that when most people modify an image on a 9300K monitor with no color profile on the image... I lose a lot of the darks because the whole image is just dark.

Looks fine on a 9300K monitor, but very 'low light' on mine.

I use a profiling tool, but I keep my monitor at home around 5600 where-as at work I have to use a much cooler color because of the lighting :(

you over do it to much, it's got to be tasteful.

*Edit* Idk why the first one is bigger, I cropped them to the exact same dimensions, photobucket must have fucked w/ em.

That's some handy work. Personally, I'd bring the yellows down just a tad so the grass washes out a little more but maintaining the green on the bike. But that may be too much.

Qft, gotta be subtle.

3 Minute Edit... In yours it looks like you change the hua of the bike.

You're right i did change the hue, b/c everything had a cool tint b/c of the cloudy nature of the day; so I attempted to warm the colors up to make them closer to actual color; plus warmer pictures are easier and more appealing to the eye than cooler images.

oh and in my edit I attempted to make the fence less visable, which affected the colors and the shadows a bit (I really really wanted Ben'd Hot Pass, so I could shoot through the holes in the fence.)

You're right i did change the hue, b/c everything had a cool tint b/c of the cloudy nature of the day; so I attempted to warm the colors up to make them closer to actual color; plus warmer pictures are easier and more appealing to the eye than cooler images.

Thats true. And accurate colors are very important in an image. Create a layer and adjust the RGB levels independently to get the warmth or coolness your looking for.

A little vignetting to add...

DSC_4988unedit-1.jpg

Boring it is...rain sucks, I was going to hit the bike night for once this year. But instead Im watching paint dry.