Official bike hunt: Possible drive to the Cleveland area

NightRider

Finally got some damn money rolling in (finally got a job) and...looking to ride before warm weather leaves.

I have 1500$ definitely not alot...but from what i've seen on Cl...i should be able to get a descent older bike. So...if you or anyone you might know is looking to get rid of a bike in that price range...let me know.

I'm off Friday and Saturday...and will be using both days to look. :D

There is a magna in Painesville, i guess near Cleveland? Would anyone close by be interested in checking it out with me? Beer, lunch, or whatever on me.

I like the v65's and found a Sabre. One concern is 40,000 miles. Seems a little high to me. Here is the ad.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1332230840.html

Whatever happens...i'll let you guys know and take pics! :cheers:

Painesville is quite a bit (north)east of downtown cleveland, maybe 25-30 miles?

As to the 40k -- how many miles do you think you'll be putting on it? At 24 years old, that's only 1600+ miles per year. If it starts/runs/rides without any weird noises or vibrations, that should be a good price for an 1100. Guy says he'll deal, so offer him $1300 no matter what.

-Dave

Painesville is quite a bit (north)east of downtown cleveland, maybe 25-30 miles?

As to the 40k -- how many miles do you think you'll be putting on it? At 24 years old, that's only 1600+ miles per year. If it starts/runs/rides without any weird noises or vibrations, that should be a good price for an 1100. Guy says he'll deal, so offer him $1300 no matter what.

-Dave

Not sure. But...i'll be riding the shit out of it lol. All day, everyday...weather permitting. Yeah, definitely was gonna offer 1300$ for it and see what he said.

painesville is near me, If i'm not busy I'd be glad to tag along.

Sounds good. I'll probably go take a look at it sometime tomorrow. After 2. Not sure when i'll start the drive. It's about a 3 hr drive for me.

i'm in mentor, which is like 5 min away from painesville, but i know jack shit about cruisers.

when you find out what time you're going, let me know. maybe i'll try and meet up with you guys if i have the time.

I'm also in Mentor and might be able to check it out. It all depends on what time. Since I am home with the kids and moms at work it all depends. Like jbot I'm not real accustomed to cruisers.For the most part I think I can help pick out obvious issues.

so i shouldn't open carry the ar15 then?

No, quite opposite, you should. And everytime NightRider goes to look at something you should walk so you're directly across from the seller and keep saying "yaaaaa boyyyy, look at that good"

No, quite opposite, you should. And everytime NightRider goes to look at something you should walk so you're directly across from the seller and keep saying "yaaaaa boyyyy, look at that good"

lol. Just looking for another set of eyes and ears. I should be fine looking at them. I got stupid...and jumped on the last bike. Lesson learned.

Finally got some damn money rolling in (finally got a job) and...looking to ride before warm weather leaves.

I have 1500$ definitely not alot...but from what i've seen on Cl...i should be able to get a descent older bike. So...if you or anyone you might know is looking to get rid of a bike in that price range...let me know.

I'm off Friday and Saturday...and will be using both days to look. :D

There is a magna in Painesville, i guess near Cleveland? Would anyone close by be interested in checking it out with me? Beer, lunch, or whatever on me.

I like the v65's and found a Sabre. One concern is 40,000 miles. Seems a little high to me. Here is the ad.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1332230840.html

Whatever happens...i'll let you guys know and take pics! :cheers:

Dude has been trying to sell that Sabre for a LONG time, FYI.

Talking 2 months, at least.

Be cautious.

Dude has been trying to sell that Sabre for a LONG time, FYI.

Talking 2 months, at least.

Be cautious.

You've seen it before? I finally got ahold of him...and guess what? The jackass mentions it has 2nd gear issues! NO WHERE in the ad...does it mention that. I said fuck it. No way in hell i'm paying 1500$ for a bike..then immediately more for a trans issue. :mad:

Well, you know mine's still for sale.

I don't know if I can do 1500 for it, but you know the bike history.

New clutch, new spark plugs, clean carbs, new exhaust baffles, etc etc etc.

Add new-in-box progressive shocks to that mix now.

I can't do $1500 for it but i'll cut you a deal off of what I was asking because I know you're a standup guy who'll treat her right.

Let me know. (440) 227 531four

I'd be tempted to offer mine for $1500 but I doubt you'd be interested since it's not a Honda and it's not an 80's model. Mine is having some work done to it should be finished by the end of the weekend. I'm looking forward to test riding her afterwards. should be much nicer.

good luck with yer search!