Prayer for Pup please

Likwid

My family's dog is very sick right now, they did an EKG and are keeping him overnight for observatione and to try to reverse whatever is wrong with him.

This is me holding on of the pups 7 years ago from his litter, not sure if it was him or not

n23302803_30516590_5956.jpg

I'm just really torn up, thanks all for any karma you can help spread.

Akron Vet Hospitals is a great place. I have two Goldens and one became very sick this spring needing Surgery. I didn't think she was going to make it but they did a great job and she is sitting under my desk now.

Hope the best for you.

I'm praying right now. My Golden, Beau, died on Labor Day '05. I'm still sad.

You have to watch for the twisted stomach with Golden's. If they catch it in time, surgery works and they tack it to the rib cage so it won't happen again. You have to be real fast, though.

Edited by hue jass

Hope everything goes well with your pup! Do you know what is wrong they are trying to reverse?

Had a dog in tonight for HBM (hit by motorcycle). Thought that was what I was going to read about when I saw your post. But he wasn't hurt that bad. Owner pulled into driveway on bike and dog ran in front of them. Dunno how the bike came out.

Edited by F4iBunny

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

They still can't figure exactly what's wrong, they think there may be a tumor on his spleen that's causing blood to pool which is slowing his heart... This stuff is so confusing.

My mom is pretty broken up, this happened on the last day of their vacation... they took him with them, I'll post pictures soon.

Thanks again everyone.

Well not good news. He has some sort of arythmia in his heart. Could be anything from a brain legion to an infection.

He's very pathetic, he did wag his tail and try to stand up when he saw us but didn't really have the strength.

The doctor said he doesn't think he's going to make it but he's hoping the cardiologist tomorrow has some good insight.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Here are some picks of Spencer on vacation this past 2 weeks. He had a wonderful time, 2 week vacation with my folks, the last day he was a-ok then all of a sudden it came over him and his heart stopped beating correctly.

You couldn't have asked for a better boy, he's a Delta dog (goes with my mom to the Chidren's hospital to visit with the kids)

I know a lot of people don't really care, and that's ok, I completely understand, but it helps me to post this stuff.

Are we there yet?

5531_611098956022_39112443_35244557_3284611_n.jpg

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

5531_611098966002_39112443_35244558_449664_n.jpg

I love being outside!

5531_611098970992_39112443_35244559_7645_n.jpg

Yah, you know I'm handsome

6208_1148556165614_1578892722_369565_3752628_n.jpg

It takes such hard work to relax!

5531_611098980972_39112443_35244560_5324526_n.jpg

This is him on a walk, a few hours before he couldn't stand up without help... cats and dogs are particularly "secret" about what's wrong with them... if they know they won't let you know until it's too late usually.

5531_611098995942_39112443_35244561_2549595_n.jpg

Edited by Likwid

I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie. My Reilly Bean has a terminal cancer...squamous cell in his nasopharengeal area that is literally eating away the roof of his mough. He drools blood on a daily basis. I though last week was the time to put him down but the vet said that since he's still running all over the house, playing with the other cats, and purring all the time he probably has another 2 months left. She just increased his pain medicine and he's even more perky now. Go figure. You're right animals are VERY resilant and you never know anything is wrong (usually) until the very end. I pray all works out with your dog. I understand what it feels like to have your heart ache b/c of your animal. I cry on a daily basis when I hold my Reilly. Animals are family you know.....and FYI we do care! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie. My Reilly Bean has a terminal cancer...squamous cell in his nasopharengeal area that is literally eating away the roof of his mough. He drools blood on a daily basis. I though last week was the time to put him down but the vet said that since he's still running all over the house, playing with the other cats, and purring all the time he probably has another 2 months left. She just increased his pain medicine and he's even more perky now. Go figure. You're right animals are VERY resilant and you never know anything is wrong (usually) until the very end. I pray all works out with your dog. I understand what it feels like to have your heart ache b/c of your animal. I cry on a daily basis when I hold my Reilly. Animals are family you know.....and FYI we do care! :)
My thoughts and prayers are with your Reilly Bean! I'm glad you'll have more time with him!

They are family members, simple as that.

Thoughts and prayers........for all of them....the incredible family members.....