BeaveRun 9/4 (friday) $100

redkow97

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the weather's clear all week. I should never have taken my track bike out of the truck! I'll be riding the street bike to work/school all week anyway.

has anyone else registered? I'm psyched to get back. My goal for saturday was getting into the :08's, and I ended up in the high :06's instead, taking 3 seconds off my previous best. I've had worse surprises for sure!

anyone is free to laugh at my times all they want. I'm just happy to be showing some tangible improvement :)

5 junkies will be there! 3 of them will be in race school.

awesome. I'll be getting there late tonight, and the race school ought to be small enough that I can remember everyone's name.

I'm really hoping i can stay for the mock race on Saturday.

everyone keeps telling me "just go slow and finish," but that doesn't sound like much fun... hopefully some like-minded individuals want to make it interesting :)

see everyone out there.

- Chris (orange/brown 600RR #80. Green ford Ranger tow vehicle)

are you getting there tonight, or coming early tomorrow morning?

I am planning on getting there tonight. setting up the tent if i remember a flashlight, sleeping in the truck if i don't.

i forget if you're familiar with the beaveRun paddock, but I'll plan on pitting right by the entrance to the 'north' paddock, kind of across from the photo trailer. Puts me close to the showers, and on the correct side of the paddock to set the tent up on grass.

Sort of on the curved part of the paddock, in the map below.

Edited by redkow97

yeah, i was fine. got a brake lever, missed one session and rode the rest of the day. paint is scratched, but that's it. leathers got a little beat up. Kinda disappointed in how the astars suit held up. I was going probably 60, and was off the track into the grass pretty quick.

i really don't know what happened exactly. it definitely sounded like i rolled off the throttle, but I don't think I hit the brakes. i remember thinking "wow, i'm leaned over way too far" and the next thing i knew, i was on the ground.

One thing I notice with the video is that I didn't hear things like your knee slider in any of the other turns. I did hear something grinding before the big grind. My thought is that the bike was leaned over too much and just lost grip with your tires. Meaning just before the loss of the bike you might have been grinding rear sets or plastic. I did hear the bike go to a neutral throttle but I can't tell if you added some brake to the mix. Finally I wonder if you actually lost the rear first and only slightly before the front.

Listen to the grind before the final slide its like you can hear the bike slide catch slide and loss.

Glad to hear your ok thats what really counts and besides its almost the end of the year good excuse to spend a shit load of money on the bike over the winter. Don't ask me how I know LOL :D

That was another thought, that I touched down with something hard and lifted the tires. I know for a fact I had my knee down in the video, before the crash, and like you said, that didn't make any noise. So maybe you are right. The roll-off may have been the cause as well. I'm about 99% sure I didn't grab any front brake though.

I dunno. Either way, not much damage, and I was fine and rode the rest of the day, so no biggie.

Here's more videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-baD55s51o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMg8BpX3meg

Edited by enenen

That was another thought, that I touched down with something hard and lifted the tires. I know for a fact I had my knee down in the video, before the crash, and like you said, that didn't make any noise. So maybe you are right. The roll-off may have been the cause as well. I'm about 99% sure I didn't grab any front brake though.

I dunno. Either way, not much damage, and I was fine and rode the rest of the day, so no biggie.

Here's more videos:

Rolling off is like touching the brakes. You cause the front to load ever so slightly and while leaned over so much, that's a bad thing. It's part of the learning process, but realizing that you as a rider caused it is the biggest thing.

Throttle input is usually the cause if not trailing the brakes too much. The top pros trail so much in an effort to get that 10th of a second and they too crash as a result. But, understanding it will make you better.

I lay big money on the rolling off. You were doing it a lot in turns prior...

good meeting you, Ian - I wish i'd been able to hang out more. I didn't think the race school would take so much time OFF track.

You got back up to speed really well considering your get-off. I know you ended up taking turn 5 way faster at the end of the day then you were going when you laid the bike down.

Do you have stock fork springs in your bike? between stock springs, rolling off, and the fact that the track goes UP hill there (which the video doesn't really show well), you could easily have over-loaded the front tire and tucked it.

live and learn, i guess. Any video of me? ;-)

- Chris