Acquired one of these the other day

dustinsn3485

Beretta 21A-22LR

beretta21a.jpg

I don't have a CCW. Not really planning to use it for home defense either. Although anything is better than nothing I suppose. I'll probably go to the range some point soon and fire it a bit.

Hopefully I can get dad to tag along with his Walther PPk, S&W snubnose 38, and maybe the Colt...

While a 22LR round is more lethal then most think, I highly suggest getting something larger for a carry weapon.

I agree and when that point comes I will. I don't have a CCW and right now can't afford to get it and I really am not confident enough with myself to have it yet. There will come a day though.

Alright rather than start a new thread I'll just post in one I've already created to avoid a "FocusDave" type situation (which btw, where is he?)

So I'm doing a lot of research into obtaining my CCW now, not so much to carry immediately, but just to have it. I want to get myself more familiar with firing guns before I begin to carry one, but have the license.

Everything about the process seems pretty cut and dry, but I did have one question that I can't readily find an answer to. We'll just use the gun I created this post about. It was essentially given to me. And I haven't registered it. In order to carry a gun legally with a CCW does the pistol have to be registered to me? Can you link me to the documentation that states that?

Alright rather than start a new thread I'll just post in one I've already created to avoid a "FocusDave" type situation (which btw, where is he?)

So I'm doing a lot of research into obtaining my CCW now, not so much to carry immediately, but just to have it. I want to get myself more familiar with firing guns before I begin to carry one, but have the license.

Everything about the process seems pretty cut and dry, but I did have one question that I can't readily find an answer to. We'll just use the gun I created this post about. It was essentially given to me. And I haven't registered it. In order to carry a gun legally with a CCW does the pistol have to be registered to me? Can you link me to the documentation that states that?

You dont have to register your firearm for CCW.. Also most instructors will not allow you to do the range time required for the class with a .22.

You dont have to register your firearm for CCW.. Also most instructors will not allow you to do the range time required for the class with a .22.

I trust your answer, is there some sort of documentation stating that you don't have to register it though?

As we've discussed above, that .22 won't be a carry weapon. When I do take the class I'll use my fathers PPk or .38 snubnose.

We don't have registration in Ohio.. I don't have the written specifics' date=' but go here...

www.ohioccwforums.org

...and ask those guys/gals.

I believe you have to register in Cleveland (whether or not that violates ORC or not is beside the point)

But to OP, nice little pistol, would be fun as a "backup"! I bet it's pretty accurate.

• 1 month later...
Got another one.

S&W 22. Was my grandpa's, he passed away a short time ago and my father was cleaning out some more of his stuff and gave it to me...

picture.php?albumid=360&pictureid=7840

My grandma says that my grandfather left a "gun or two" when he passed... I keep asking for one (I'm sentimental and it would mean a lot to me to have it) but she won't give it up :( I completely understand, she keeps a lot from him... I miss him too

Sorry got all mushy, sweet looking pistol!