PA CCW, and HB203

Likwid

So first, anyone have experience with CCW applications for PA Non residents? I know they are required to fulfil but a lot of counties "ignore" non-resident applications. I've heard good things about Centre and Mercer county.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/license_application.asp

Second, HB203 allows CCW holders to go into restaurants that serve alcohol as long as the holder isn't drinking. I emailed the representative for my area and got an email asking me to give them a call so they can talk about it, I'm sure it's their standard reply so they can "ignore" a certain number of people since they will never call.

My main question is simply "what are you doing to make sure these types of bills get passed", but if there are other questions I'd be happy to ask.

just get a florida ccw and you will be good to go. florida adds about 18 more states than if you carry ohio's alone and pennsylvaina is in there.

I have a FL application, but you need to send fingerprints and $300

PA is $26 and no fingerprints (not an issue just a pain to get right)

Uhm, can you point me towards where you see $125? My app says $300 fee and then extra for electronic fingerprinting (but also says 7 years)

I can't copy and paste on my phone :(

Reading comprehension is key my dear newbie. I highly doubt you are a Security Professional for a Foreign Consulate. Their permit costs 300$

For a CCW license it is $75 for the license and $42 for the fingerprint processing, totalling 117$.

See page 3 of the permit application.

Also, you might want to give up arguing with me over gun stuff.

no its only 125 bucks. and yes 7 yrs is correct. you can get fingerprints done at most sheriff stations for 10 bucks

Gotcha, glad I didn't send money, the $300 is for different case it seems (consular security).

Says $42 fingerprint unless you do it electronically but only FL residents can do electronic.

Reading comprehension is key my dear newbie. I highly doubt you are a Security Professional for a Foreign Consulate. Their permit costs 300$

For a CCW license it is $75 for the license and $42 for the fingerprint processing, totalling 117$.

See page 3 of the permit application.

Also, you might want to give up arguing with me over gun stuff.

Who's arguing, don't get sand in your vagina, was just asking for you to paste it since I couldn't find that on my phone.

Who's arguing, don't get sand in your vagina, was just asking for you to paste it since I couldn't find that on my phone.

No sand in my vagina, but I think a lot of your firearm related posts here could be avoided if you "listened to your elders" more.

You remind me of the new guy at the martial arts school that always has to question the instructor (which is different than asking questions). Beat on them enough and they'll either learn from it or quit. That's my hope here.

hb203 will never pass. i've done my part, but i'm not holding my breath.

i have my PA non-resident license. send your check and app and you"ll get in 2 weeks. keep it in the safe till you go somewhere you need it. all it is is a piece of paper. no plastic card.

No sand in my vagina, but I think a lot of your firearm related posts here could be avoided if you "listened to your elders" more.

You remind me of the new guy at the martial arts school that always has to question the instructor (which is different than asking questions). Beat on them enough and they'll either learn from it or quit. That's my hope here.

:plus1::popcorn:

hb203 will never pass. i've done my part, but i'm not holding my breath.

i have my PA non-resident license. send your check and app and you"ll get in 2 weeks. keep it in the safe till you go somewhere you need it. all it is is a piece of paper. no plastic card.

Any insight into why on 203? I saw it went to subcommittee but it seems a lot of bills get stuck there, I don't usually follow state bills.

Thanks for PA info, what county did you go through?

went through centre county. your on OFCC correct. you should have all the info.

this bill has been put down once and it will go down again. they won't allow it. If it does, i'll be the first one at TGIFridays packin some heat. lol

Yah to OFCC, a friend recommended Mercer but their website is a nightmare.

I'll have to watch the video on the pc, I think it's kind of silly the way the Class-D restriction is written. But that's why I wanted to find out what my local rep was doing (though now that you said it, it's probably nothing)

just check this page every so often to keep track of it. but it will be in the news if it passes, if it fails you will hear about it.

http://lsc.state.oh.us/coderev/hou128.nsf/House+Bill+Number/0203?OpenDocument

Cool, that makes tracking it easier, would be cool if you could "subscribe" to bills.

I'd love to see a sign that removed the ability to post CPZs but I don't think that'd get very far.

I'd love to see a sign that removed the ability to post CPZs but I don't think that'd get very far.

I don't think we should have ANY gun laws but do think private property should be able to post if they so choose. Why would you want your 2nd rights to supersede someone else's private property rights?

I don't think we should have ANY gun laws but do think private property should be able to post if they so choose. Why would you want your 2nd rights to supersede someone else's private property rights?

Mostly because I don't feel that property rights should supercede constitutional rights. And of course because rules only stop law abiding people, someone determined or planning to commit a crime don't stop because someone has a "No Trespassing" sign.

Ya know?

I tell you you're not brining a firearm on my property, you're not. The constitution is just stating what the government’s role is regarding our God given rights. I have the right to rule over my kingdom and that right is just as inalienable as my right to self protection.

I tell you you're not brining a firearm on my property, you're not. The constitution is just stating what the government’s role is regarding our God given rights. I have the right to rule over my kingdom and that right is just as inalienable as my right to self protection.

Unless you choose to murder or torture someone on your property.

And it's only "your" property until the government eminents you :)

Unless you choose to murder or torture someone on your property.

And it's only "your" property until the government eminents you :)

Torture and murder would be infringing on their rights and would be wrong. My right to exclude you from carrying a firearm on my property does not imprison you on my property. You have the option to not give up your right to protection by staying away from my property. If I torture or murder you I am taking that right away.

I will agree that CPZs shouldn't exist on public or government property.