Hinds...

Zorro

I'm hesitant to throw them (Hinds) under the bus right off, because I haven't actually dealt with them, but the few times I have been in there I felt less than welcome. One time I was in there with a friend to order and pay for a part, and they weren't any better when he was giving them money.

On another note, I do understand that things don't go perfect all the time. I turn wrenches for a living, and I am not perfect. I do my best to get things back together the way they were from the factory, unless there's something wrong with the way they were (it happens) and try to get it right the first time. This IS coming on the heels of a bad week where I had to completely redo a transmission overhaul due to a simple mistake, but I don't think that will ever happen again, as I will remember this situation for a really long time (forever?) and always double check which way each thrust bearing goes!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bahhhhh haha nice...you should have told her that you had to make extra trips to hinds because people don't know how to inspect their work, so $40 on $60 boots that are broken was a generous offer on your part. customer service...customer service...customer service. :nono:

It baffles me how folks at the dealerships just shrug their shoulders when parts don't get put back on correctly or period...especially motorcycle parts! With that being said Zorro, wouldn't you rather figure out how to fix your own bike knowing what you set out to do was actually done (and done with care) than drop it off at some shop that could careless whether your bike sat in oil, brake bolts weren't tightened all of the way or pins and parts not put on correctly? I never worked on any vehicles before I got my motorcycle, but a friend of mine always said, "don't touch my bike." I guess he had a valid point, even though in his context he may have been a little obsessive...:dunno:

Yeah, I would like to figure out how to do everything. I'm gaining confidence when it comes to doing maintenance. But replying to Rusty...

i will bring the bike that many times until they make everything correct.after warranty is over ,take the bike somewhere else.i use different shop for work on my bikes,and for warranty stuff ducati.

I paid for a maintenance package when I purchased my bike. I tried wrenching on my first bike and did ok. When I just purchased my R1, I figured I didn't want to screw up a brand new bike...so I bought the service agreement - All service up to 40k is paid for. Seemed like a good deal...if and only if the shop is good.

the sevice warranty is from dealer,or yamaha?

The service warranty is from HPM (not sure what that means). 1-800-526-8678

I don't trust shops. I get my bike after my wreck back next week.

I'll get it home and go all over it tightening bolts and shit. Plastics, brake lever, bar end, wheels, oil, etc....

That hour it will take me will give me 100% good piece of mind when I'm riding it knowing I checked all bolts and parts.

I should probably do the same. I'm lazy at times and probably put a little too much faith in these "professional" mechanics.

I have to say that I am pissed at Hinds, again. I have given hinds many chances and they always fu@k something up. I personally have 4 or 5 bad stories. My buddy has worse ones. From the parts counter to the shop, these people cant get their sh1t together.

I haven't been riding lately and just noticed yesterday that the right/rear bolt that holds the upper plastic was in cockeyed. I gently backed it out and tried to screw it in straight to the welded in nut on the frame. Stripped. I backed it out and metal filings came out with it. Man I was pissed since they had it off to do a recall on my bike about a month ago, and replace a coolant hose. In fact, I was double pissed because they didn't fill the coolant back up and the overflow was bone dry. I noticed it and saw the bolt at the same time...

Pissed again. Eff Hinds, again.

Anyone hear about them no longer being a Triumph dealer? We called last week and ordered some Triumph parts and then called for an update today and they said they are no longer a Triumph dealer and had nothing on order with them:dunno:

Large trucks there yesterday & today loading up bikes, anybody know whats up?

I think they've closed up shop. Someone I talked to yesterday said his son used to work there and that they closed up.

Anyone hear about them no longer being a Triumph dealer? We called last week and ordered some Triumph parts and then called for an update today and they said they are no longer a Triumph dealer and had nothing on order with them:dunno:

:rolleyes: God forbid they call you themselves & tell you this Justin, instead of you only finding out about it because YOU followed up on it

Good customer service...... Some people just DON'T get it :nono:

"50% off storewide" is what their billboard says right now.

Bikes, tires, and chemicals not included in that. At least they weren't when I was there last week.

You basically have about 100 older helmets to choose from and a few jackets. I have no clue as to what's going on at that place...

Hmmmm... Wonder if Jeff is going to rip my ass a new one for forseeing the future... Maybe my sources weren't wrong afterall, huh?

What is also funny is that some of his guys believed he was well set with money and was going to be around a LOOOONG time...

What do I know, I live in the poverty stricked town of Mt. Gilead...;)

That's what happens when you cross Ohio Riders :cool:

edit: their site does say something about a new facility. Probably move related.

Their site has not been updated in wuite some time. The "new" facility is something they have been after for a while, but I heard they lost funding for it. I talked to someone that went by there the other day and was told all they had in there is about 10 Kawasaki's, couple Polaris quads, and a few used bikes. Not even 1 yamaha was seen. Maybe they are gone as well. They told the guy that they were "reducing their inventory". Time will tell I am sure.

i am not going to say anything till there is plywood on the windows, but maybe the fact that i told at least one person what happened to me at every bike night, poker run, rally that i have been to since i found that rodent nest in my bike actually made a difference.

i have my fingers crossed that they are not just playing possum until the economy turns around.

:hijack:

mouse3.jpg