Fatal error: ohioriders/showthread.php on line 1272

Strictly Street

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33169 bytes) in /www/ohioriders/showthread.php on line 1272

When trying to view "Word Association" http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?p=308613#post308613

Tried it in Firefox 3.5.2, Opera 9.63 and IE 8 when logged in.

With Win XP Pro SP3

If not logged in, it shows the first post but not the rest of the thread in all three browsers.

Anybody else getting this error?

Also happens in Windows 7 running inside VM Ware with IE 8.

Edited by Strictly Street

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33169 bytes) in /www/ohioriders/showthread.php on line 1272

When trying to view "Word Association" http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?p=308613#post308613

Tried it in Firefox 3.5.2, Opera 9.63 and IE 8 when logged in.

With Win XP Pro SP3

If not logged in, it shows the first post but not the rest of the thread in all three browsers.

Anybody else getting this error?

Also happens in Windows 7 running inside VM Ware with IE 8.

It shows up fine for me. Still having the problem?

Hmm..

Looks like its a memory limit imposed by the php.ini file as referenced by the showthread.php file.

From what I can find this is because the thread is so very long or because it has a lot of images.

I'll look around some more to see what I can find out.

Hmm..

Looks like its a memory limit imposed by the php.ini file as referenced by the showthread.php file.

From what I can find this is because the thread is so very long or because it has a lot of images.

I'll look around some more to see what I can find out.

I know what the error means.... but there is no reason for it in this situation. Images and what not load into your PC's memory. The memory limit in php.ini is only for the php script (what's doing the lookup in the database and outputting the data). And since you got the error saying it was trying to allocate a much, much smaller amount of memory that was is limited by php, I think it might be more of a memory leak on the server. This could be related to what happened this morning. So, is it still happening to you? Is anyone else having this problem?

I know what the error means.... but there is no reason for it in this situation. Images and what not load into your PC's memory. The memory limit in php.ini is only for the php script (what's doing the lookup in the database and outputting the data). And since you got the error saying it was trying to allocate a much, much smaller amount of memory that was is limited by php, I think it might be more of a memory leak on the server. This could be related to what happened this morning. So, is it still happening to you? Is anyone else having this problem?

I thought you might know what this error meant. :)

Rebooted and it seems to work now.

Which of course shouldn't have anything to do with it as it speciifed a script error.

Memory leak on the server sounds like a possibility. Randomly the site going down, hmmm.

I had this error before but thought nothing of it and moved on to other threads.

Should have said something earlier, sorry about that.

All good now!

I thought you might know what this error meant. :)

Rebooted and it seems to work now. Which of course shouldn't have anything to do with it as it speciifed a script error. Memory leak on the server sounds like a possibility. Randomly the site going down, hmmm.

I had this error before but thought nothing of it and moved on to other threads. Should have said something earlier, sorry about that.

All good now!

Out of curiosity, how much RAM do you have on your PC?

Have you had any problems with any other sites?

Nope no troubles with anything.

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 651, 3733 MHz (17 x 220)

Motherboard Name ASRock Wolfdale1333-D667 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945GC

System Memory 2560 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DIMM1: SuperTalent SUPERTALENT01 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

DIMM3: SuperTalent SUPERTALENT01 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

BIOS Type AMI (06/30/08)

Only mildly overclocked and the memory timing is just fine with everything else games included.

Cache size on the browser was jumped up to 100 mg from 20 mg, no difference. Virt RAM is the same as it was. :confused:

top - 23:27:02 up 11:27, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.16, 0.14

Tasks: 34 total, 1 running, 33 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

Cpu0 : 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Cpu1 : 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Cpu2 : 1.0%us, 0.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 98.7%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Cpu3 : 0.0%us, 0.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 99.7%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Cpu4 : 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Cpu5 : 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Cpu6 : 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Cpu7 : 0.0%us, 0.0%sy, 0.0%ni,100.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st

Definitely not a CPU problem

Thats just weird.

Plenty of memory, CPU usage is fine yet the script flipped out just for one or maybe two users.

Kinda makes me think it's on my end, but I'm not sure how that could be.

I Googled the error message and let you know what it said. Didn't see anything about client side errors. Random gremlins?!?

I did turn off SQL and PHP on my end just to see if that could somehow be a conflict. Closed VM ware and unloaded all the machines. Still got the error.

Well If it happens again I'll let you know and note anything at this end that might have contributed to it.

It did it again, rebooted and still got the same error.

If it's only me it has to be on my end somehow. I'll let you know if I find it.