BLINK 182 Show CANCELED for tonight at Blossom

Tomcat0403

WTF is "pop punk"?? I thought we called that "alternative"?? Calling Blink punk is heresy. Bondage pants and eye makeup doesn't make a middle class white kid punk rock. :nono:
People' date=' pop punk isnt punk. Its like an evil anti-punk. It is a corporate mainstream version of punk, which is not punk at all.[/quote']

Thanks Pauly, now you made me quote myself. :wtf:

Yes, there should be a distinction made between pop punk and punk rock. Just as there should be one between hip hop and this awful shit they play on the radio, or metal and this trendy crap like Disturbed or Chimera.

The bottom line is that the big music labels (and plenty of the smaller ones) have a knack for boiling any genre down to its most profitable formula, selling millions of copies by removing absolutely all substance, art, or message from the equation.

Of course, I've known a lot of real punks over the years, and I used to piss them off because I liked post-punk better. It goes way better with an aloof cigarette stance and a contemplative mood.

(stands in a corner looking smug)

Joy Division ftw!