Alignment issue?

Jsvob03

So, i decided to check the alignment of the front wheel to the back, as i've been getting a head shake at lower speeds.

For those that are unaware, there is a DIY on ex-500.com. basically you run a string from the rear of the bike, to the front. this acts as a reference; lets you know the path the front tire is taking in respect to the rear tire.

First pic is the right side, second is the left. The alignment itself is pretty close. whats concerning, is the offset of the front, when compared to the rear (as judged by the distance between the string, and the wheel, when comparing the left to the right.).

right.jpg

left.jpg

Um bud, THe size difference in the tires will do that. If you are checking to see if you are aligned run a string down both sides and measure the distances from the tires. For example run two strings parallel to each other at 8" apart. Center the bike in between them. Now measure the distance to the tires. Depending on the offset of your tires from the factory they should be the same. Now in some cases they will not ie: my Honda has I believe 3/16 or 1/8 difference in the rear from the front as to where center is. This is not uncommon among manufacurers.