Zack Myers (Rider4life161) of Delaware, became another war casualty yesterday

copperhead

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just made me really sad..... having a 2 year old daughter makes it hurt a little more for his daughter.

So anyone interested in doing a collection at the meet and greet for his family? I know times are tough for everyone. But this really really sucks.

I agree, we should try and do something to honor this man. 22 is so young, this is haunting.

I did not know him, I just remembered the post and how he was so excited about his bike, this goes to show that everyone that rides has that bond.

He was so modest with his service too if you read his post, he was telling people they don't always have to thank him for his service, that is what gets to me.

On one hand I am sad and on the other I am angry and worried for my friends that are in Iraq and Afganistan and how we need to wrap shit up over there already.

Meanie is right I am in for anything to honor this man.

RIP thanks for giving yours so we could be selfish enough to enjoy ours...

Quoted for absolute truth. It makes me feel insignificant when I discuss the men and women that are in the service, especially those that are, or have been in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Thanks to all of those that have served.

I will be watching for something to come forth in his memory, for his family. Maybe a poker run, or even just a group ride, with donations taken?

This is so very sad. I recall his intro thread. He was so excited to fix up his bike. Seemed like a great guy.

I think a Ohio Riders donation to his family would be a great idea.

I may be only able to contribue $5 but I'm sure every bit helps.

Thoughts are with his family.

RIP Zach.

Bike night is tonight at BWR maybe we can get a bucket for donations setup tonight and do another one at the M&G.

I was think also about doing a ride for him. Maybe a bunch of us can meet up somewhere and do a ride and have it end at his house and give his wife the donations we collect. Of course we'd have to get in touch with his wife to make sure she is ok with a bunch of bikes showing up at their house.

Like Kreator said I also didn't know him, but he was very excited about his bike. I wish he would have made it home to enjoy it....

RIP Zack

:(

So sad I am in for whatever is decided to do, I have to work thursday and friday but then after I can become free, I own a pizza place let me know if I can do anything.

RIP Zach and thank you for your service and sacrafice,And prayers to the family.

DoD Identifies Army Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the deaths of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their vehicle with an explosive device Sept. 8 in Baji, Iraq. They were assigned to the 545th Military Police Company, Arctic Military Police Battalion, U.S. Army, Alaska, Fort Richardson, Alaska.

Killed were:

Staff Sgt. Shannon M. Smith, 31, of Marion, Ohio.

Pfc. Thomas F. Lyons, 20, of Fernley, Nev.

Pfc. Zachary T. Myers, 21, of Delaware, Ohio.

For more information the media may contact the U.S. Army, Alaska, public affairs office at (907) 384-1542.