9/13 Ride South to the River

Hailwood

Update: Seems like everyone had alternate plans, so I made alternate plans and will not be at the Speedway in Millersburg, although I will be testing out this basic route. Will try again the next nice weekend. Have fun everyone.

I know the Meet & Greet is this weekend, so I imagine there will be many folks headed down to C-bus, but this is looking like one of the last free weekends for me for a bit, plus the weather is looking great, so I'm thinking about heading down to the River and back instead.

Here's a basic outline of the route:

Google Maps Link

Pace is whatever you feel like. I've ridden these roads before, but I don't know them that well, so I'll be going at sight-reading pace which pretty much means around 70ish-in-a-55 on the straights, and a little slower through the corners than I might normally go. A lot of these roads don't have great passing locations, so I will pass cars on a double yellow if I think it's safe, but we'll try and keep the group together, and always wait at stops/turns.

Should probably take 5~6 hours from Millersburg for the whole loop.

I'm thinking meeting at 10 and trying to move out by 10:30 to make sure everyone can get home before dark.

The Speedway on OH-83 in Millersburg seems to be a popular meet-up spot, so we can go with that:

Google Maps Link

Edited by Hailwood

Jbot...you coming to M&G as a group ?

Would you be interested to meet up at Millsburg or elsewhere in the morning to ride down together ?

go to http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=33634&page=4

and please post your reply ...thanks

no, but once you get to the M&G, be sure to post up here: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=33634&page=4 so we can meet up at millersburg and go to the M&G it starts at noon and ends at 5

Hailwood-I'm still down for this ride. Need a little shakedown ride Saturday but everything should be cool. If Jbot was going to this ride I'd ride down with him but looks like he is going to the M&G :). If no one from up here is going I wouldn't mind trucking my bike down to your place or something.

Hailwood-I'm still down for this ride. Need a little shakedown ride Saturday but everything should be cool. If Jbot was going to this ride I'd ride down with him but looks like he is going to the M&G :). If no one from up here is going I wouldn't mind trucking my bike down to your place or something.

That works fine for me, you're more than welcome to bring the truck down to my place.

If no one else is interested, shoot me a text and we'll figure something out.

no, but once you get to the M&G, be sure to post up here: http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=33634&page=4 so we can meet up at millersburg and go to the M&G it starts at noon and ends at 5

Jbot ....If you're going to M&G ,we are meeting at the Circle K on 82 and 83 Sunday morning...

Looks like the time will be around 8 am.

Hopefully we should be at Millersburg around 9:30 --10 am.

If you want to tag along with the rest of us, just monitor the thread you posted just to make sure we have the time and location nailed down so we can meet you accordingly....

Hope to see you Sunday ..;)

Going to have to bail on this one. Upper 70's and sunny. Have to take advantage and get another boating day in. I'm really interested in the PA. Ride on the 26th if the weather is good. Guys gave a good ride.

It's cool man, I definitely understand. Have fun on the water.

So is anyone planning on going? If not I'll probably start out a little earlier.

It's cool man, I definitely understand. Have fun on the water.

So is anyone planning on going? If not I'll probably start out a little earlier.

thanks man. Drinking beer and chillin on the water is fun. We should have plenty of fall weather to ride. FYI I'll ride into the mid-40's temps.

Just got back. What an awesome ride!

Wound up meeting MadMax in Massillon and heading down 83 through Millersburg just to make sure no one was waiting (nope) and then continued on 83 all the way to Marietta. The newly paved section of 83 South of Coshocton is absolutely awesome. Flawless surface and nice and clean.

After a quick bite to eat we headed up OH-26, which is an incredibly fun road, to Woodsfield. Other than stopping to help some poor guy on a Harley who had put his bike in a ditch it was great.

From there we hit 800, which is now one of my favorite roads, and headed North.

We parted ways around New Philly, and I wound up going through Bolivar back to Massillon and home.

Literally couldn't have asked for a nicer day. Thanks for coming out Max!

Here's the route I wound up taking (~330 miles round trip):

Google Maps Link

Damn, what a perfect day to ride. All in all, things went rather well with the exception of a close call on Rt.26 that I attribute to coming into a corner too hot. Most of the tricky stuff occurs right before the first junction of Rt.800, and a Harley guy went off the road, dumping his bike near Marietta. He was OK and of course his 800lb tank of a bike was rideable. That was a tight turn though, especially for a cruiser. Other than that, I would not call this day a waste...

Don't you hate that feeling going into a turn and you say to yourself....."SHIT Iam going in too fast !!!".

Same here.... I had a lame ass turn and I ended up too close to the center lane....Bad Bad Bad....I was fighting my 600lbs anvil to lean more but I was bit too hot going in.

Just got to learn from it....

I few of the turns on 26 had no recommended speed so that's what threw me off, but I just lean the bike over further when I think I'm going in too hot and that's what gets me through it. For being a liter-bike, the CBR is pretty nimble, just not as nimble as that little Speed Triple that I was trying to keep up with, or maybe I just need to practice more. Yeah, I just need to practice more. It's all in the rider these days...