Brian is the man!

xtremef4i

This past Saturday, NinjaNick and I rode over to DTM to get my F4i dynotuned. Its a long and boring ride from Dayton but worth it in the end. I think we had 27 pulls for the day. Brian sure knows his stuff when it comes to tuning a bike. My bike wasnt cooperating with Brian as far as the A/F ratios went, at the beginning. Brian kept his cool and stuck with it, fine tuning the fuel table until he got it right where he wanted it. It was about 2.5 hours of tuning not counting lunch and other stuff. Even though I only gained 3/10 of a hp and 1 ft # torque, the A/F curve was a lot more smooth and after riding the bike, I was impressed at how much harder the bike pulls in the lower to midrange RPMs now and the throttle is a little more crisp than it was before. Brian said I should have better MPG too. It was fun just watching him run the bike and hearing it scream. The best part of the session was lunch. We ordered pizza from Don Ginos ( I think thats the name). Probably some of the best pizza I have ever had, minus all the extra grease that came free of charge.

Basically, I just wanted to say thanks to Brian for working me in for a Tune on a Saturday morning, and thanks for taking your time tuning the bike. His prices are very good and he knows what he is doing. I am trying to talk my neighbor into taking his bike to Brian someday.

Im sure Brian enjoyed NinjaNick's stories too....priceless

10,000th post! WOW! I was a post whore the first 2 years here and it paid off. Now I don't postwhore, but my past has caught up with me I guess.

Don Gino's FTW! $5.95 LARGE 1-topping! :woo:

Nick your rep says you need to get a life. Now spread some of that high school e-rep popularity so I can be cool like you!

I never look but I will now. This thread is meant to talk about my tune anyway. Get back to work.....

hey i've e-mailed brian at dtm and i think i'm going to get a tune. so it really pulled better? he said the same thing. do you know if you removed your servo motor or set valve? i have removed mine and it's definitley throaty but my low to midrange is lost. i'm hoping this tune will get some back. 07 GSX-R 600 K&N filter, two-bros. shorty exhaust, plus pc III usb. has anyone messed with the accelerator pump feature? did he adjust that?

hey i've e-mailed brian at dtm and i think i'm going to get a tune. so it really pulled better? he said the same thing. do you know if you removed your servo motor or set valve? i have removed mine and it's definitley throaty but my low to midrange is lost. i'm hoping this tune will get some back. 07 GSX-R 600 K&N filter, two-bros. shorty exhaust, plus pc III usb. has anyone messed with the accelerator pump feature? did he adjust that?

I think you will be pleased with Brian's work, infact, everyone on the board that has had work done by him has all said how good he is. Oh yeah the bike pulled a little harder after the tune. It wasnt a huge difference, but slight enough that I could feel the improvement. I dont have a servo motor on my bike, in 01 they didnt have them yet on 600s. My PCIII is the older version and accelerator pump feature isnt compatable. I have heard that feature does and doesnt make improvements from other forums. You should get you midrange back but Only Brian can tell you for sure. Good luck with your tune and let us know the results.

I think you will be pleased with Brian's work, infact, everyone on the board that has had work done by him has all said how good he is. Oh yeah the bike pulled a little harder after the tune. It wasnt a huge difference, but slight enough that I could feel the improvement. I dont have a servo motor on my bike, in 01 they didnt have them yet on 600s. My PCIII is the older version and accelerator pump feature isnt compatable. I have heard that feature does and doesnt make improvements from other forums. You should get you midrange back but Only Brian can tell you for sure. Good luck with your tune and let us know the results.

i will thanks for the info, i'm going to try and get video while the tuning happens. show the pulls and hp. maybe i can do a before and after.:D

Crap! I've got to get a PCIII.. and get him to do mine.

Been spending the $$ on home improvements... trying to keep up with Nick...

Its ok, Nick still doesnt have a PCIII either so your not behind at all. His bike deff needs one now that he has the full brocks system

Crap! I've got to get a PCIII.. and get him to do mine.

Been spending the $$ on home improvements... trying to keep up with Nick...

Came back home Saturday to paint chewed off the base board in our living room from our 2 dogs. :nono: They go crazy if I don't crate one when I leave on my bike. ONLY WHEN I'M ON MY BIKE! It's strange..haha.

Its ok, Nick still doesnt have a PCIII either so your not behind at all. His bike deff needs one now that he has the full brocks system

Leave my bike out of this.:slap:

Came back home Saturday to paint chewed off the base board in our living room from our 2 dogs. :nono: They go crazy if I don't crate one when I leave on my bike. ONLY WHEN I'M ON MY BIKE! It's strange..haha.

I didnt hear that story....

Hey man I was just making him feel better about not having a PC. its all good. now go skip into the kitchen! ROTFLCopter!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a wolf hybrid, Caesar, that would chew off all my stereo/video wires, even the power cords..go figure - If I didn't lock him up when I went to work....

I had a wolf hybrid, Caesar, that would chew off all my stereo/video wires, even the power cords..go figure - If I didn't lock him up when I went to work....

My fucking yorkie/ShiTzu mix just chewed up a brend new HDMI cable tonight. I have my tv mounted on the wall above the fireplace and the wires are hidden behind the mantle. I just got it all mounted and put back together tonight then as I am hooking all the cables up I find the chewed end. The wife left the little bastard out when she left the house and now wasted a brand new $100 cable. Im still thinking about killing the dog (in my head anyway)

Dogs, I'll never understand them. :nono:

My fucking yorkie/ShiTzu mix just chewed up a brend new HDMI cable tonight. I have my tv mounted on the wall above the fireplace and the wires are hidden behind the mantle. I just got it all mounted and put back together tonight then as I am hooking all the cables up I find the chewed end. The wife left the little bastard out when she left the house and now wasted a brand new $100 cable. Im still thinking about killing the dog (in my head anyway)

You don't need no $100 HDMI cable. Waste of money B. :nono:

Hell, I got mine free from a buddy. He spent $14.99 on it I think.

Did Champ hump it while chewing it? :lol:

yeah I just bought 3 of them online for my flat screen. They were like $5-7 a piece. www.cablesforless.com

Its top of the line from my the company my mom works for in Dayton. Its 16 feet which is why its expensive too. My cost was $15 :)

nice brad, I can't wait to have some extra cash to get my bike tuned.

Where you been Matt? Your bike would be crazy after a tune. I think mine's just getting old :violin: