do u/have you worked for jpmorgan/chase, verizon, nationwide?

socaln8tv

I worked at verizon for about 6 months a few years ago... I'm not sure if its changed, but back then I hated it... it was a total "corporate monster" and the goals were always unachievable and you were micromanaged beyond belief. Even if you hit your goals or exceeded them it was never enough and you were constantly being "coached" regardless of how stellar your performance was... They do have a good training program and benefits, I just wasn't a fan of the management system in place. If you're curious about jobs, go to www.jobvent.com This is a great website and has steered me clear of quite a few companies.

it's monday so my review will probably be more negative than if you had asked me on a friday...

unless you're on a small team, you really won't feel like you have much involvement and I think that attitude is rampant within the company. it's almost impossible to get fired once you make it past your 90 day trial period or whatever but some people like that. I've never seen so many people who have 20+ years employment with the same company and at the same time are completely worthless.

there are about 2,000 handicap parking spots at the polaris complex and you'll understand why once you walk around and see all the fat and worthless tards who are sucking up all the oxygen and food from the vending machines. but it is a real ego boost when you see all the drones waddling around between the breakroom and their cubes.

god I need a raise

my biggest fear is to land that job that plants my ever widening ass in a seat for 8 hours... interesting spin you pointed out on the small team spirit, so on and so forth. but i can see that easily happening -- ive been to the polaris complex a couple times and it is enormous. for a company that is doing quite a bit of hiring, my neighbors' dept is laying off not bc of lack of work but bc organizational restructuring, where positions r moving to new york...

I worked at verizon for about 6 months a few years ago... I'm not sure if its changed, but back then I hated it... it was a total "corporate monster" and the goals were always unachievable and you were micromanaged beyond belief. Even if you hit your goals or exceeded them it was never enough and you were constantly being "coached" regardless of how stellar your performance was... They do have a good training program and benefits, I just wasn't a fan of the management system in place. If you're curious about jobs, go to www.jobvent.com This is a great website and has steered me clear of quite a few companies.

ur the 2nd or 3rd person whose told me about jobvent so i'll have to check it out. thanks!

ur the 2nd or 3rd person whose told me about jobvent so i'll have to check it out. thanks!

Take jobvent with a grain of salt. More people are likely to post there if they are dissatisfied with their job than satisfied employees. How long do you have to make your decision and are you leaning toward a certain company?

Take jobvent with a grain of salt. More people are likely to post there if they are dissatisfied with their job than satisfied employees. How long do you have to make your decision and are you leaning toward a certain company?

Ive held-off accepting one job offer since Friday, and was offered another position after an interview today. I am not inclined or moved stronger towards one company vs the next but in terms of politeness, I personally owe a response to the former tomorrow. I did check out jobvent. Some of the replies are obviously erradic and filled with discontent. i think overall the site is likely set up just you indicated, to gage general satisfaction, corporate culture of said company, etc...

I worked retail on the sales, & later investment side, for the predecessor of Chase, and another local bank that went "Big Bank" when they got bought out.

My experience with both was that they're not looking for service professionals anymore....... Only young, cheap monkeys in suits who can sell everything down to a stupid debit card. They'll keep raising the bar on you while dangling cheesy carrots in front of you, & if/once your sales start to level off..... They'll bring in some other naive, fresh faced young'in to start the process all over again

The days of the esteemed, professional banker are gone.

If you hear the words "Marty Cohen" or "Big 5"....... RUN!!! Hopefully they finally realized what a douchebag he was & got away from his seminars

I work at Nationwide in the IT dept. I have been here 9 years and have had about 15 different bosses. Every single one of them (except one douchebag) has been great. In the nine years, I have had 3 promotions (1 de-motion, see comment about douchebag above) and my salary has almost doubled. Our AVP has quarterly meetings with all his people and knew my name when I asked a question(I hope that's a good thing :). Every boss I'ved had has been "family" oriented. As in, if I have to at the last minute go pick up a kid from school, no problem. Family first.

I plan on being here for a very long time. We'll see what they have planned for me.

I worked retail on the sales, & later investment side, for the predecessor of Chase, and another local bank that went "Big Bank" when they got bought out.

My experience with both was that they're not looking for service professionals anymore....... Only young, cheap monkeys in suits who can sell everything down to a stupid debit card. They'll keep raising the bar on you while dangling cheesy carrots in front of you, & if/once your sales start to level off..... They'll bring in some other naive, fresh faced young'in to start the process all over again

The days of the esteemed, professional banker are gone.

If you hear the words "Marty Cohen" or "Big 5"....... RUN!!! Hopefully they finally realized what a douchebag he was & got away from his seminars

Corporate giants rarely make good employers.

I work at Nationwide in the IT dept. I have been here 9 years and have had about 15 different bosses. Every single one of them (except one douchebag) has been great. In the nine years, I have had 3 promotions (1 de-motion, see comment about douchebag above) and my salary has almost doubled. Our AVP has quarterly meetings with all his people and knew my name when I asked a question(I hope that's a good thing :). Every boss I'ved had has been "family" oriented. As in, if I have to at the last minute go pick up a kid from school, no problem. Family first.

I plan on being here for a very long time. We'll see what they have planned for me.

fantastic input on your company. u r very blessed. Ive taken an interest in nationwide but so far no contact... one of thousands i suppose!

I feel the same way at most of the places I have worked for at chase everyone has slept with someone it is pretty crazy...and there is so much gossip about everyone....but westerville seems to be worse than the other building....so I hope easton is good for your sake....

wow -- didnt expect this response but i appreciate the info. my neighbor is an analyst making obnoxious money and talks about club chase but clearly she doesnt truly understand the nature.... she only mentioned the risque dress on that floor compared to her floor... my thoughts were she is just pissed she has to adhere to her new york boss' dress code policy as opposed to company-wide.

Haha....I feel the same way you do ...It is insane up there....

it's monday so my review will probably be more negative than if you had asked me on a friday...

unless you're on a small team, you really won't feel like you have much involvement and I think that attitude is rampant within the company. it's almost impossible to get fired once you make it past your 90 day trial period or whatever but some people like that. I've never seen so many people who have 20+ years employment with the same company and at the same time are completely worthless.

there are about 2,000 handicap parking spots at the polaris complex and you'll understand why once you walk around and see all the fat and worthless tards who are sucking up all the oxygen and food from the vending machines. but it is a real ego boost when you see all the drones waddling around between the breakroom and their cubes.

god I need a raise