insurance

oldschoolsdime92

I am with american Family, And because of an Umbrella... I carry 300k/300k/300k, 1000 deduc.

my policy includes 2 bikes, GMC Envoy, HomeOwners..... I get a multi Bike discount... did a break down for the bikes and i pay about 1800/12mth policy

I have Allstate and paid $830 for a year of liability and theft coverage. Cheapest I could find for a 24yo male with 1 ticket and 1 accident on my record

That sounds high actually, may want to quote again with Geico and/or Progressive

To Olddime: I bumped my old FAQ thread, take a look in there for a refresher

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=28100

Edited by Likwid

That sounds high actually, may want to quote again with Geico and/or Progressive

I know they both wanted somewhere around $2300 for full coverage, I don't remember the other numbers they gave me. I turn 25 in March so I am just going to wait til then again to revisit my insurance search and see if turning 25 helps any

I know they both wanted somewhere around $2300 for full coverage, I don't remember the other numbers they gave me. I turn 25 in March so I am just going to wait til then again to revisit my insurance search and see if turning 25 helps any

The 25 y/o switch isn't instant contrary to popular belief.

Make sure you're quoting apples to apples if you're only comparing premium... what coverage do you have with Allstate, and what are you quoting with others.

You need to know

Bodily Injury & Property Damage Limits

Comprehensive Deductible

Collision Deductible

Medpay Limit

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Limit

Accessory coverage limit

Roadside assistance (yes/no AND what's the limit)

Payout method (Actual Cash Value, agreed value)

Policy term (6 months or 12)

Payment method (EFT, Monthly, PIF)

Now you know why "full coverage" isn't enough, it means different things to different people.